Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am rapidly losing confidence in my GLC. It's a fantastic car, but too many annoying things happening. Yesterday was a classic;

First the left/front parking sensor sounded warnings meaning I was too close to something - but I was driving down the middle of the road!. It stopped after about 30 seconds.

Second I was getting something out of the boot when the tailgate decided to close itself - onto my head.

Third I got ProSafe Inoperable and Airbag/SRSS malfunction messages. These disappeared after about one hour.

And I'm not going to mention the crazy routings the SatNav suggests.

Is this really what to expect from a premium brand vehicle. Are BMW & Audi the same? I really like the GLC but perhaps it's time to move on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In particular, has anyone experience of running an X3, any more reliable, or just swapping to a different set of problems? Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
From what I have read you will be swapping one set of problems for another, that said my GLC has been reliable since the early engine map problems were sorted, touch wood 🏝

·
Registered
12 Posts
In particular, has anyone experience of running an X3, any more reliable, or just swapping to a different set of problems? Thanks.
I came to my 2017 GLC 300 Coupe from a 2015 BMW X3 and three previous Bimmers dating back to 2001. My take—BMWs are more connected to the road, are operating with less construction and durability margin, and offer about the same performance. My X3 and GLC both had the 2.0 liter turbo 4 and the performance felt about the same. Mercedes just feels more substantial to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts