Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to this forum and will be picking up a brand new 220d Premium model this week (hopefully). Unfortunately, there was no option to have lane assist and Distronic (not even hoping for blind spots), but someone mentioned it can be fit after by some shops.

I am in the UK and wondering if anyone knows if that's possible and perhaps done it? can suggest who to ask and how much does it cost roughly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
i don't know if it would be possible. if you wanted lane-assist and distronic you are talking cameras and radar plus all the hardware and software to run it. i dont see it being cheap to install after the fact. hopefully someone else knows better that is in the UK, but i wouldn't hold your breath.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car already has a camera since it can read traffic signs. i will post back once i know more info from the dealer when i pick up the car. This option only costs £595 but there were no cars available with it otherwise you have to wait till September.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
i don't know if it would be possible. if you wanted lane-assist and distronic you are talking cameras and radar plus all the hardware and software to run it. i dont see it being cheap to install after the fact. hopefully someone else knows better that is in the UK, but i wouldn't hold your breath.
Agree Mercedes, even if possible cost would be through the roof after production.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The car already has a camera since it can read traffic signs. i will post back once i know more info from the dealer when i pick up the car. This option only costs £595 but there were no cars available with it otherwise you have to wait till September.
lane keeping assist requires 2 cameras. not 1; take a look at my garage there is a photo of them there. plus the radar and all the control modules as well. i really dont see it being possible to add in, plus as phil mentioned, very expensive if possible.

an example, 500 for a trailer hitch from the factory, or about 3,000 from the dealer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup you guys are right, i was mislead by dealer. it's such a pity those features are not standard and not that many cars available with them :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts