Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May I ask the experts in this forum whether you have done any map update and firmware update yourself?
If so, may I ask what is the latest map and firmware available to our GLC?

2nd, where can I buy the cheapest and latest map and unique pin for your VIN (not from dealer)? I used to buy them from eBay.

3rd, do you have a process about how to do it?

·
Registered
129 Posts
My 2019, I purchased SD card from eBay.
noting there’s two types, I initially bought the incorrect one, the card arrived and was one time use registered to car and VIN assignment
Now using V15 & Map 15
Part no. A218 906 75 03, which now shows the new road, which was the sole reason for change!

In regards to how it’s done, old card out, new card in, the follow on screen instruction that requires acceptance on VIN assignment to card!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2019, I purchased SD card from eBay.
noting there’s two types, I initially bought the incorrect one, the card arrived and was one time use registered to car and VIN assignment
Now using V15 & Map 15
Part no. A218 906 75 03, which now shows the new road, which was the sole reason for change!

In regards to how it’s done, old card out, new card in, the follow on screen instruction that requires acceptance on VIN assignment to card!
hi snrbrtsn, thank you for your reply. my car is still in its 2015 map version v6.0. There is no SD card in the slot. Do you think I can just buy the latest v15 SD card and insert it in and ready to go?
someone mentioned the SD only works to cars that use SD cards for their maps. For hardwired map (like the one I have) should go to the dealer to have it updated.

I also found A2139062907 [NEW!2021 V15 Mercedes GARMIN NAVIGATION SD CARD W205 C, GLC A2139062907 | eBay]. Is this also the suitable card or the one you advised? My car is 2015 registered. How about yours?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I shall self confess and admit,
Im no expert nor do I understand the various systems used, other than HDD command has the bigger screen and was available on premium plus models, notable by Burmeister sound system, these models do not use SD Card, I’m guessing from your description above.... you have this system ?

The lesser model with Audio 20 has the smaller screen and nav can be updated as read from SD card

I’m unsure and would advise checking with seller, however,
I believe the card you quoted is incorrect!

Try a google search on map updates and sites like below (I used to use them for BMW maps) 2020 Mercedes Sat Nav Update Discs | Map DVD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI snrbrtsn, after some research last night I think I have finally figured it out. the system that I have is exactly as you descripted i.e. Comand APS 5*2 with Mercedes own Sat Nav system and bigger screen that comes with the premium plus model. Not the Audio 20 with Garmin Sat Nav.

The map upgrade of my system will require the PIN code. Do you know where to source cheap map update files?

·
Registered
2017 GLC 250d Sport Premium Plus with Air Body Control
21 Posts
May I ask the experts in this forum whether you have done any map update and firmware update yourself?
If so, may I ask what is the latest map and firmware available to our GLC?

2nd, where can I buy the cheapest and latest map and unique pin for your VIN (not from dealer)? I used to buy them from eBay.

3rd, do you have a process about how to do it?
Maybe this is what you need Mercedes Benz NTG5*2 comand activation code + last map 2021 all regions W205 222 | eBay
I think V15 has just been released

1 - 6 of 6 Posts