Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does any of your 2016/2017 MB GLC300 comes with any tool sets (i.e. jack, ranch, screwdriver and etc.)? I know the tires are all run-flat, just would like confirm with you guys if your new GLC came with the tool sets at the time of purchase. Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
nope nothing. just an empty few spaces where all the pieces would go. left side of the trunk under the lift-able floor.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's pretty depressing. It's always much more comforting when you know you have these things there just in case. I guess with the run-flats you don't really need to have them but it's still some valuable equipment to come with it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same here, no tools, just empty space under the truck. I agree it would be have to have some tools even tires are runf-flat.

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's pretty depressing. It's always much more comforting when you know you have these things there just in case. I guess with the run-flats you don't really need to have them but it's still some valuable equipment to come with it
well run flats have more tolerance for taking on an impact but they are in no way bullet proof if you want to put it that way. once something goes in them I heard it has to be replaced, but odds of something penetrating them is slim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a tool-kit for mine for my own peace of mind. I see why they don't fit as standard as not only does it add weight, it costs ££

Cheers

Richard

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ordered a tool-kit for mine for my own peace of mind. I see why they don't fit as standard as not only does it add weight, it costs ££

Cheers

Richard
Hi Richard I guess by your reference to the price of tools you purchased your tool kit from Mercedes. When you think about it a set of allen keys, screw drivers, pliers etc as in a standard kit would do and Amazon do an excellent kit at a great price either in a box or wrap, I then added a wheel brace though I doubt I'd need it as I haven't got a jack and see no reason to get one as I won't be removing a wheel with no spare to use.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I bought a foldaway wheelbrace and 2 bottle jacks with sufficient lift to remove both tyres from one side of the car. Not because I've got a spare wheel to fit but it allows me to rotate the tyres front to rear or do maintenance underneath. Although I do carry a selection of cheap Chinese tools, it is unlikely I would have much use for them out on the road as remote diagnostics and the Mercedes breakdown service would be my first port of call.

Obviously axle stands would also be in position if removing wheels or venturing underneath. I have confidence in the bundled puncture solution, I've used it for years on my motorcycles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts