Mercedes GLC Forum banner

Easy entry/exit function.

Tags
glc300e
21K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Wick 
#1 ·
I have had my GLC300e for 1 week now and noticed today that the easy entry/exit feature is not working for the seat. The steering wheel moves back when i open the door to get out but the seat stays stationary. I’ve tried turning the feature in and off but can’t seem to get the seat to move with the feature turned on.

Am I missing something or do I need to go back to the dealer?

#4 ·
Not sure about the GLC but on the GLE there is a setting in the mbux for off, steering wheel only or steering wheel and seat.

#5 ·
Yeh same with the GLC. I have Steering & Seat turned on but seat doesn’t move.
Let me ask you this. With the memory buttons on the door, do you need to keep your finger pressed on the button to change the seat profile for that number until it stops moving or do you just press and release the number, then the seat does it’s thing?

#6 ·
Just press once on GLE but seem to remember on GLC I had to keep finger on button, sure we were told at the time it was a safety feature.

#7 ·
Ah ok as it’s not clear in manual. It just says press relevant number. Since it didn’t do it without my finger pressed until it’s finished I thought maybe there is something wrong with the automatic programming of the seat 🤷🏽‍♂️
Sounds like I need to go into the service department and get a definitive answer.

#8 ·
Ah ok as it’s not clear in manual. It just says press relevant number. Since it didn’t do it without my finger pressed until it’s finished I thought maybe there is something wrong with the automatic programming of the seat 🤷🏽‍♂️
Sounds like I need to go into the service department and get a definitive answer.
More chance on getting a definitive answer from members of the forum,

Reactions: KyleW
#9 ·
on my GLC Premium plus pack the seats do move backwards when set on MBUX and when I open the door.

I have the seat package - I also have to press and hold the relevant memory button on the door. They're not linked in any way to Mercedes Me profiles either.

If you're tall - and you've set the seats quite far back anyway they wont move back I dont think.

#11 ·
The more I dig about the MBUX and the GLC- the crippled auto parking and so on - the MBUX implementation is shoddy.
MB have slapped a couple of screens in and not built the car around the system so it’s just not what it is on other cars.
Digging into my car it’s just been a voyage of discovery learning what isn’t there and what is on all the other cars that have MBUX.

#14 ·
Yesterday I spent many hours at the nearest MB dealer to get my first service on my 2021 GLC 300. During the service I asked them to look at the easy exit because it would not move the seat only the steering wheel. They told me it was working but the seat would only go back to the door jam and I already had to seat adjusted to the door jam. They moved the seat up and then tried it again and the seat did move but only to the door jam. I also told them that the profiles don't work. They checked and confirmed it didn't work, they also went out on the lot and checked a few other cars and none of them worked. My car is still at the dealer because in the process of trying to fix the profile function the "hey Mercedes" function stopped working. MB has the worst service system I ever saw if you have a problem with the MBUX system they call the sales person to fix it. I asked for the tech guy and they said it's the sales staff that takes care of tech issues.

#15 ·
I have the same question about the easy exit function. My steering wheel moves but not the seat on my 2022 GLC300 SUV. When it was in to repair a damaged display I asked the service writer. He claims the seat only moves “within certain parameters”. When I asked what those parameters were he couldn’t tell me. Nice MB! I’m goiing to check the door jamb thing but no matter where I seem to position the seat it does not move when I open the door.

#16 ·
You may have to turn off the function and then turn it back on. Also if the seat is already back to the door jamb it won't move any further. Try pulling the seat up close to the wheel and then turn off the car and open the door it should move back to the door jamb. Another question for you does you personal profile move your seat to your preset? My dealer call me yesterday and said the GLC 300 does not have that function even though it is in the manual and in the MBUX display.

#17 ·
Another question for you does you personal profile move your seat to your preset? My dealer call me yesterday and said the GLC 300 does not have that function even though it is in the manual and in the MBUX display.
No it doesn’t. I have to hold the preset button to move seat. Also, I’ve moved the seat nearly as far forward as it can go and it does not move when I open the door.

#20 · (Edited)
I considered buying a new 2022 GLC300. At the dealer yesterday where I got in 3 different vehicles. Only one of the three worked, where the seat moved back upon exit. The others...only steering wheel moved up. They were all set the same way with the seat set far forward. The salesman was puzzled and not much help. I have never had any problem with my Infiniti or Genesis for this entry/exit funtion. M-B has a major issue. I read many forums and that is the biggest complaint.

#21 ·
I considered buying a new 2022 GLC300. At the dealer yesterday where I got in 3 different vehicles. Only one of the three worked, where the seat moved back upon exit. The others...only sterring wheel moved up.They were all set the same way with the seat set far forward. The saleman was puzzled and not much help. I have never had any problem with my Infiniti or Genesis for this entry/exit funtion. M-B has a major issue. As I read many forums, that is the biggest complaint.
The GLC is my wife's car, it rides like a dream but the most of the features are useless or don't work. Our Lexus has more features and they all work as they should, in addition when we have a problem with a feature they have a service person handle it not the sales person. As far as I'm concerned this is the last MB for us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.