Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is 3 weeks old and the engine management light comes on?

Rang Merc assistance to be told take it to a dealer?

Why can't they send someone out to me rather than inconvenience a new customer? Or any customer in fact!

Shocking attitude!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Know how you feel, is it a 250 petrol by any chance? Took 4 dealer visits to sort mine, updated engine software first time(car 4 weeks old), fix lasted 3 weeks. Diagnosis next time said thermostat faulty so that was changed, this fix lasted 3 days. Another visit diagnosed previous fault so case raised with Mercedes when I mentioned rejecting car due to fault. Last visit was for new software from Mercedes, this took 2 hrs to instal, so far so good (4 weeks ago). The dealers at the last visit did say they had 2 other cases of the same problem on the same engine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Seems to be an issue with the new emissions software to suit the new regs, numerous manufacturers having problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep it's the 250 petrol!

After much argument the manager of the assistance centre accepted the unacceptable attitude and agreed to send an engineer.

Arrived 4 hours later and had to update software which took a further hour and he wasn't confident it had completed!

My 5th Merc but currently not impressed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys me too 4 days old 250 Petrol engine light came up. It really worried me as first ever brand new car. Took it to Mercedes dealer they did a software update which took about an hour and I off I went has been fine for around 10 days now but what a silly system!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts