Mercedes GLC Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Ditch999 has 2017 V10 and his dealer told him it was the latest.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I rang customer services a month ago prior to my car going in for service and they assured me that V13 was available to be installed into my car. Dealer couldn't get it and said he'd enquired during the service and not yet in any dealership in the UK so I rang MB customer services back and they agreed but haven't yet come back to me with an explanation or expected date.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Are map updates, free for the first three years?
Indeed they are but are not done automatically by your Dealer. You have to formally request an update at the time of getting a service. This may be because it allows them to better plan workshop resources as the update will mean you car is sat in a service bay for much longer than usual since the software download takes some time.
After 3 years of ownership I have solved a popular question often asked by members of this forum>

Q. How can you tell if your Mercedes Dealer is lying to you?
A. His mouth is moving.

This year I booked my annual service for the day before the expiry of my 3-year warranty. But rather than just request a free update, I asked for the cost of a map update to be added to the service. To their credit they informed me I already had the latest version 12.0 installed. Of course had they done an update, I would have suddenly remembered Red Ken was still in warranty but at least I came away confident they were not lying on that occasion.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That could be good (if they do it) shall save me driving through fields

·
Registered
265 Posts
Q. How can you tell if your Mercedes Dealer is lying to you?
A. His mouth is moving.

This year I booked my annual service for the day before the expiry of my 3-year warranty. But rather than just request a free update, I asked for the cost of a map update to be added to the service. To their credit they informed me I already had the latest version 12.0 installed. Of course had they done an update, I would have suddenly remembered Red Ken was still in warranty but at least I came away confident they were not lying on that occasion.
The lying part made me laugh but I feel the same.

After the serios handling issues following my knuckle "fix" the car is suddenly very different after the did the geometry check and had the car for 2 days even though they told me they had made only minor adjustments. Reminds me I must post a pic of the print out to see if anyone can tell me what the thing means. :smile2:

It's interesting that over the 2 days the car was in and out of the workshop including overnight according to the Mercedes Me app so it make me wonder just what they were doing and highly suspicious that they were maybe correcting errors made during the knuckle fix.

No wonder some of us mistrust the dealers and very interesting that the advisor in my dealership who dealt with my car so was well aware of the knuckles later told another owner he had no knowledge they were available.:surprise: To be fair I don't think it's exclusive to Mercedes though.

Map version 13 is apparently ready and available just not in the UK yet. Why that is I don't know because MB customer service have failed to tell me. That's annoying as it means I have to wait another 12 months until the next service.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Lons, you are entitled to V13 when available, you don't have to wait until service.

·
Registered
2017 GLC 250d Sport Premium Plus with Air Body Control
18 Posts
Update: I got a call from my local (and only) MB garage 30 minutes after my email to MB customer services.
Nice lady who couldn't do enough for me and my car is now booked in for Monday, with a loan car provided, (for 2 days if I want), in order to update the maps to V13, which she says they have.
I also got a call from the salesman in Loughborough shortly afterwards and educated him about why he should be sure of the facts before giving out incorrect information to his customers.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
They are all the same ditch, if they can get away with it they will.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts