Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

TL;DR On June 17th Mercedes will debut the GLC and GLC coupe online

Fast vs frugal, comfort vs cool, form vs function. The age old automotive battle rages on with Mercedes its latest contestant.

I know you know the GLC used to be the GLK, however following the rules of Mercedes new nomenclature the midsize SUV will share the last letter with its platform mate, the C class.

Now however we get into a Germans idea of a good time. Surely you've noticed by now that Mercedes intends to sell a traditional SUV styled GLC, alongside a swoopy, forgot I had four doors, Coupe styled GLC...

Granted the two will be identical for the most part barring cargo statistics and maybe a wheel choice or two.

Mercedes showcased the GLC Coupe as a thinly veiled concept in Shanghai, the more practical GLC has only been spied. The full online reveal of both the GLC and GLC coupe will take place on June 17th, while its global premiere will happen at the already buzzing Frankfurt show in September.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I like what they did with the roof line of the regular GLC, Those that like the coupe but end up finding it to not meet their space requirements shouldn't find it hard to like the GLC-Class

·
Registered
225 Posts
The regular GLC does have a great shape to it. Nothing wrong with a traditional SUV shape instead of the whole Sports Activity Coupe thing. I'm just curious if they will keep the tail lights looking the same on the regular version (and from the concept to production for that matter.)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The regular GLC does have a great shape to it. Nothing wrong with a traditional SUV shape instead of the whole Sports Activity Coupe thing. I'm just curious if they will keep the tail lights looking the same on the regular version (and from the concept to production for that matter.)
No I don't think so, the spy shots of the GLC would seem to confirm that..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts