Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, been a while since I posted here.
I've had a foul odour/odor (depending on where you're reading this) emanating from my A/C a while now and it usually lasts about 30 seconds after start up.
I did some research and it could me mold/mildew in the evaporator.
The dealer says they can clean it but require 2 days to do so as the dash has to be taken down.
Although 3.5 years old, I still baby my car and I'm not keen on that process and the possible damages, scratches etc.
I also came across Kool It Evaporator Foam as a substitute to this process.
Does anyone have any experience with either of these techniques?
Hope all is well and Covid-19 free!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi, prior to committing to a dash out
I’d check and change the 2 cabin filters, video in link does an exceptional example of the task simplicity

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can also buy bombs that go off in the foot well whilst the aircon is running on recirculation, kills the bacteria in the system. Should be available from your local accessory store for not much money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, prior to committing to a dash out
I’d check and change the 2 cabin filters, video in link does an exceptional example of the task simplicity
Thank you.
I didn't realize there were 3 filters in the car. The fine particulate filter was changed today for the first time and the odour seems to have disappeared. The Air filter and Dust filter have been changed in the past. Will monitor it over the next few days and hopefully it's resolved without dash out.
Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts