·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
I would think you should get around 45/50 MPG at that speed....:wink2:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd be very happy to get that from mine, more likely low 40s and I get mid 30s day to day driving. I don't drive like a granny though!:wink2:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Red Ken's 220d engine (same as a 250d but with the turbo boost turned down) has averaged 43.6 mpg over the first 27 months of his life according to the on-board computer. Last year I drove to Scotland, some 486 miles, and saw 49.5 mpg on the outward journey running on Shell V-Power Premium Diesel in Eco mode and 47.8 mpg for the 486-mile return trip running on Morrison's ordinary supermarket diesel, again in Eco mode.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nearly all my driving is local in comfort mode Toobad and not many long trips so about what I'd expect from mine, I often stick it in sport to pull uot of junctions quickly as well.

My overall avarage figures since new are distorted because of the longer trips towing a large caravan where I only got between 20 and 22mpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
fairly new April 2018 250d 4,500KM on clock 6.2 liters per 100km on a trip average speed 100km per hour on highway Central coast to Brisbane
Love the car

·
Registered
492 Posts
So about 45.5 miles per UK gallon at a steady 62mph. Not a bad return assuming the cetane rating of Aussie diesel is the same as here.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd be very happy to get that from mine, more likely low 40s and I get mid 30s day to day driving. I don't drive like a granny though!:wink2:

Read the question again......:surprise:....Anders says a steady 70MPH....I had no problem getting 45/50mpg on long distance driving on my 220D GLC and i now have got 63mpg on my new E220 194bhp.

·
Registered
265 Posts

Read the question again......:surprise:....Anders says a steady 70MPH....I had no problem getting 45/50mpg on long distance driving on my 220D GLC and i now have got 63mpg on my new E220 194bhp.
I DID READ THE QUESTION:smile2:

I posted for general interest not to answer the question and qualified it by giving the conditions in which I drive - what's wrong with that?
If Anders has a problem with my reply he's perfectly able to query that for himself.

Good for you getting decent mpg. TBH I'm not really bothered as it's not why I bought the car, if I wanted to save money I'd have bought a Prius or some other crap car!

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Please be careful with your replies, this is a friendly forum and hopefully will remain that way.

In my opinion it would be very difficult for someone to say what mpg they get at a steady 70mph unless they purposefully went out to do this (traffic permitting).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Please be careful with your replies, this is a friendly forum and hopefully will remain that way. .
That's a fair comment Phil and for my part I did react as it seemed like an unnecessary and attack on my post from where I stand however I appologise if that wasn't the case which it presumably wasn't!

·
Registered
100 Posts

No harm done LONS, my wife tells me i suffer from OCD...:wink2:

·
Registered
265 Posts

No harm done LONS, my wife tells me i suffer from OCD...:wink2:
Me as well 0:)

She still can't understand why I wash my car 3 times a week and polish once a month or why I feel a clean car drives better ( not sure I understand that one either tbh ).
Women have no sensible priorities.:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Mine is lucky to be washed 3 times a year!, what's polish?.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Makes it smell nice - for about 10 minutes Phil.

I'm collecting our new motorhome this afternoon, that'll get a polish as well as soon as the weather allows.

OCD - not I :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Enjoy Lons, my car is due a wash in March - service.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Enjoy Lons, my car is due a wash in March - service.
Thanks. Got it home but touch and go whether I should have done even though only 30 miles away. Winds were horrendous, Passed a turned over lorry and road closed further on by a large fallen tree. It'll take me a whole day to clean and wax it, will need to get the dual action machine out methinks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts