Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi dear GLC friends. I have some issue that I have noticed today. When I turn ON GLC 2016 after several minutes of the working smell of the petrol has appeared into the car cabin. This is really strange since on the spot where car was parked there is no mark that patrol is leaking. I have tried it multiple times and always same, smell of the petrol in the cabin appeared specially when I stop my car at the traffic light. I have looked at several sites on the internet and there are suggestions that some of the hoes from the fuel injection system is loosed. Does anybody had same issue? How did you solve this problem at your GLC and what was the reason of this petrol smell into the car cabin. Thanks upfront!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have the same problem with our MY2016 GLC300. In the morning or after idling, we have a strong odor of gasoline.

I brought it to the dealership but they said they couldn't find anything. But, I don't believe one word from the dealer. They are lying @sswipes. I bought the SUV under the certified pre-owned program which means I paid a premium for it and it's extended warranty. The dealer denied repair (or said that they could not find a problem with) at least 3 things I found wrong with the car so far. I've had several Mercedes in the past and will look at another brand next time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Todd for reply!

I had exactly same issue, since yesterday I brought car to mechanics and after several hours of examination I got same reply, everything is fine. But this doesn't have any sense since gasoline odor is still there. It is really strange that this type of luxury car has such kind of problem.

I don't know what else to do maybe to bring it to another mechanic but it seems like it is waste of money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts