Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new GLC 220d sports premium started a rattle noise form the instrument panel few weeks ago and it went to the dealer gain yesterday (17/02/16) and was told today the rattle is due to a problem in the front suspension and need replacing. I suspected this before as the rattle became louder when braking.

Unfortunately I need to book in with the dealer again next week when the parts arrive at the dealership to replace this.

The car was less than 2 months old (1200 miles on the clock) when develop both these faults (initially a broken connecting shaft in the motorized steering column adjustment).

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hopefully it's nothing too big of an issue. Sometimes odd sounds can be something as simple as a rock stuck in somewhere, but you just never know with these new vehicles, at least it was figured out here.

If you can find exactly what the part was and share it here, that would help.

·
Registered
188 Posts
This could possibly be a duff batch of parts if it's the same thing ? Back in 2008 the wife bought a new Kia Sportage, within weeks it had a 'knock' at the rear. We booked it in for an inspection and the dealer just said 'not another rear damper'. It turned out to be a very common problem, linked to a duff batch provided to Kia by the shock absorber manufacturer. They changed both shocks with a different type and we never had any issues with the car again (well, until the Mrs hit the gatepost but that's a whole different story...).

·
Registered
1 Posts
GLC 250d rattle noise from the instrument panel

My car has only 280 miles and 3 weeks old. Tommorow I will check at the dealer. I read on another forum that antoher guy was complaining about the same problem and the solution was to change the front suspention.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it confirmed to be the suspension?

I'm driving a c220d at the moment with this type of noise (GLC delivery on the way)

Cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
Have resorted to shoving felt tape in the gaps to try and stop it. Have the same minor dash rattle / creak with mine, around the instrument cluster, center screen, centre console, doors etc. The demo GLC 250d was the same. It gets better after a short drive however the journey to work every morning is not what I was expecting from a £50+k Mercedes
Wife's 2017 17 Clubman S on 18" run flats and sports suspension is rattle free on the same roads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts