Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I experienced a really weird problem with my GLC 250 Sport premium plus today whilst driving.

Was on a roundabout going around and put my foot down to accelerate but the car didn't rev instead it made a loud whirring fan noise. At first I thought the climate control was on high...but it wasn't. I continued on my journey but the car seemed to have no power it doesn't rev when I press the accelerator just makes a very weird fan noise, you can't hear any revving or the engine. The car was in comfort mode like always.

I parked up and went to the gym came out to drive home. On starting the car seemed fine, I pressed the accelerator pedal and the engine revved. I go to move off and the car jerks, seems to lack power even though I am pressing the accelerator. On the way home I switch to sport to see if that makes a difference, still the same. Started to use the paddles in manual to get the car to make some progress as it doesn't really.

Anyone experienced this issue? There is no engine warning light. The car just seems to lack power, no usual engine noise, feels like I am just coasting with out an engine and doesn't accelerate properly.

I am not really happy I've only had this car since 16 December, not even a month old :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
Afraid I cannot help with the engine problem - I would get the car back to the dealer asap

Are you experiencing the wheel judder and bouncing issue that many other GLC owners are feeling when turning or reversing around tight corners?

Do you have Run Flat tyres?

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Could be a lot of things. Could be the pedal sensor, could be the transmission, there's too many things to count in to this. Take it to the dealer asap. Any CEL ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your responses.

I called Mercedes Roadside assistance out this morning and they came pretty quickly which was good. Apparently there is an issue with the transmission. Car has been recovered to my local dealer and I have C-Class estate as a replacement car which I dont like! But I shouldn't complain MB UK are pretty good like this, car taken to dealer and replacement car delivered home within a few hours.

I am bit upset that a transmission problem has occurred within less than a month of having the car. I feel like demanding a new car now!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
That is pretty darn annoying but thankfully they know that it is the transmission issue. Hopefully they replace the whole unit maybe ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They haven't mentioned anything about replacing the transmission unit. If it comes to that part of me feels like asking MBUK to replace the whole car.

It feels wrong that they have to take it all out and replace it. In some weird way I feel like it taints the car lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts