Mercedes GLC Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
What size rim did you get? I traded my GLC for a GLE just to get a spare. My daughter still has her GLC. I had her put standard tires last time and have been trying to find a spare that would fit under the floor board and fit the car. I believe her rims are 17inch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What size rim did you get? I traded my GLC for a GLE just to get a spare. My daughter still has her GLC. I had her put standard tires last time and have been trying to find a spare that would fit under the floor board and fit the car. I believe her rims are 17inch.
19" rim with a space saver tire. The tire is compressed, but expands to full size when inflated. Also need a compact compressor to inflate the tire

·
Registered
1 Posts
19" rim with a space saver tire. The tire is compressed, but expands to full size when inflated. Also need a compact compressor to inflate the tire
That's great to hear. I have just purchased non-run-flats for my 2016 GLC300, and want to purchase space saver spare tire. How did you specify the spare tire to make sure bolt pattern matches and there is no interference with brake disc? Will be great if you can post the complete specification for space saver spare tire that you purchased. Thanks..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I made a mistake , my rim size was 18". In the pictures below you can see the tire compressed, the inflator, and the bag containing the jack, lug nuts, and lug nut tire iron. Also you can see the tire size in one of the pictures.
I got the tire on e-bay, I made a low ball offer and it was accepted. I bought the jack , tire iron, and the lug nut rods from MB, the lug nut size is M14 1.5 23 mm . I inflated the tire and replaced the right front tire with the spare. I drove the car and there was no interference with rotors front or rear. Hope this helps 12E40805-AD97-4DBF-A101-69B0BCE445FF.jpeg 1BF41A23-B319-4D97-A378-9259CA1F19FD.jpeg 6B95AED3-A10D-4BF2-AD4E-E6E8E0DD1367.jpeg 614CAEA5-A988-48D0-BCBC-46533E643EB0.jpeg

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi, Thanks for sharing and photos. Can you list any part numbers or stamped info that is on the steel rim ? Info like part, offset etc.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Probably need the eBay listing, if you did not mind. I find many space saver listings. it would be nice to compare the listings to what you purchased.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts