Mercedes GLC Forum banner

GLC 350d.......still waiting!!!!

7K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Philamg 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I am new to this forum. I ordered a GLC 350d AMG line premium plus back in May 2018, expecting to collect car as arranged on 1st October. It’s now 2 weeks late and still no idea when it will arrive at the dealership. The dealer has informed me the car is built and they have Vin number and engine number but it’s not been released from factory yet, the salesman doesn’t seem to know why as Mercedes are not very helpful with the reason. I am based in the UK. Any ideas/help/advise would be much appreciated.
Ta
Trevor

#2 ·
Hi,

My 250 first due late June, is due to be shipped next week.

So,don’t hold your breath

Supposedly,recent delays all down to the new emmission testing, I know VW have a bigger problem having stated many golfs will not know be available until next March.

That’s what happens when they all play the system, they have to sort it and who suffers, Joe Public

Hope yours is released shortly.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum Trevor, I believe that the reason your car hasn't been released is because of the new emission standards adopted by the UK in September. The 350D disappeared off the configurator a couple of months ago and still cannot be ordered.

#4 ·
Finally lost patience and decided to cancel two weeks ago. I have been considering the new Audi Q3. Got refund with no issues from Mercedes. Just received call from dealer yesterday that the issues with the v6 engine have been resolved and manufacturing has restarted. The car is now at purfleet awaiting transportation to my dealer and I can still go ahead with purchase if I choose to do so...... what a dilemma...... help!!!!

#5 ·
Get the GLC Trevor, much better than the Audi, the issue was with the new emission standards in UK and other manufacturers have struggled as well. The 350 is now back up on the UK configurator. You could always ask the dealer for a goodwill gesture for the hassle you have had.

#9 ·
Thank for the input everyone. The car has now been delivered and having sat in the q3 again, although the virtual dash is nice the rest of the interior doesn’t meet the GLC for plushness. So I am going back to the GLC and after speaking to the dealer, I have been given free stargard and freer first service, plus still honouring the original part ex price. All sorted and collect next Saturday..... whoop whoop 🙌

#10 ·
Really happy for you Chippy after all the hassle you had with Land Rover.

I had a defender back into the side of my car earlier this week (my car was parked with nobody in), result NO damage to his, over £8000 of damage to mine!.

#15 ·
Congratulations Trevor, as you say well worth the wait, enjoy.

#18 ·
Looks great Trevor, can you please fill in your location in your profile, assume you are from Hampshire - HK

#21 · (Edited)
Hi Trevor

Click on user CP at top of page and then edit details, you can update/change profile.

You can also add a signature with your car details that will appear at the bottom of your posts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.