Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I hope someone will be kind enough to assist me regarding my 2017 GLC 350e X253. The dealer here in Iceland (Askja) has not been able to solve my problem to this moment. Dealer has been weary helpful regarding this matter but they seem not to be able to solve the problem. The problem is as follows: When vehicle changes from electric drive to combustion engine drive the display on the dash shows gears and word Malfunction. A code P06E900 shows referring to starter problem. The starter has been removed and tested at a starter repair shop for performance under load and all ok. After the malfunction light shows up the vehicle dose not perform stop/start function but drives normal. There is also another code showing U301700 battery management system (BMS) The dealer stated that this code is not related to the problem. I hope you can help me solve this matter or provide additional testing. I know it is difficult to repair through email put please give it a try.

Best regards, Stefan Kristjansson

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved !!!

After deleting the code several times and checking again the code P06E900 and U301700 always came up again. I there fore I bought a new starter and had it installed. The old starter was tested and I was told in good working order. After the starter replacement the problem is solved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts