Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 9 month old GLC43. When applying full lock and driving, the car feels as if the front differential is locked. That is, it feels as if the wheels are trying to travel at the same speed as opposed to the outer wheel rotating marginally faster (further to travel). Is this commonplace? I can’t believe it’s “Engineered in” as it sounds and feels pretty bad.
The service folks at the dealership I use have told me that “They all do it”.
I’d welcome any input from owners or technicians who have experience of this rather disconcerting and irritating quality in an otherwise quite well engineered vehicle

·
Super Moderator
1,140 Posts
See the clonking thread, all is explained there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Philamg....Just read through the thread.....not too resssuring. To me, fitting different tyres is treating the symptom, not the cause. It really does seem to me that the root cause is a front limited slip diff with insufficient slip. That is, it’s like driving on a metalled surface with the front diff locked. This is my first Merc - I’ve always been a BMW and Toyota (4WD) fan. I’d be very disappointed to find that a prestige manufacturer like Merc would release an poorly engineered vehicle onto the market.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts