Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have had my GLC250d for two days now and all I can say is I had C200 W204 previously.

My old C200 had much MUCH better sound.
The car was older than the new GLC.

Is there a reason for this issue or am I missing something.

The sound is loud enough and its clear but there is very minimal bass, (....and YES did turn the bass up on the radio)

So anyone please help me out, is there something i can do to the standard system or????

Thanks for the help.
M

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have found the sound system to sound no different to my previous 2017 C Class, had to play with the bass and treble settings same as before. The C Class never had great bass though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think a 17 C class would be a model W205? I also moved to a GLC from a W204 and would be interested to know if there is any reasonable way of lifting the audio quality, which could (should) be better!

·
Registered
55 Posts
The sound is loud enough and its clear but there is very minimal bass, (....and YES did turn the bass up on the radio)
So anyone please help me out, is there something i can do to the standard system or????
Thanks for the help.
M
Hi Deca,
Do have the Burmester Sound System or the Standard Audio20
?
If Burmester:
Call up the sound menu.
X Turn the controller until Surround is in the center.
X Slide the controller back towards the rear. The left-hand rotary menu to switch surround sound on and off is activated.
X To activate Surround: turn the controller until ON is active.

The "surround sound" option does enhance the bass. Utilises the 2 bass drivers in each front foot-well.
I don't believe the Audio20 has this option. Yo might have to investigate an after market sub-woofer.

Phil.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
I had the Burmester and had no complaints, would imagine the complaints are regarding standard audio. This applies to most manufacturers, the standard audio isn't very good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts