Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've just got a GLC and my first post here.

I would like to fit some of the OEM sidesteps/running boards to my car. I've bought some on Ebay but they are garbage and don't fit at all.

I'd like to hear recommendations of anybody who could supply and fit some? OEM if possible. Or if there are any garages that undertake that type of work.

Im in the Sheffield area. Ive tried my local dealer and they were so unhelpful it was unreal. They eventually came back to be with a £1400 price which is ridiculous. They couldn't also guarantee it would be all the parts i'd need and 600£ of that was labour for fitting.

I'd love to hear your suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've just got a GLC and my first post here.

I would like to fit some of the OEM sidesteps/running boards to my car. I've bought some on Ebay but they are garbage and don't fit at all.

I'd like to hear recommendations of anybody who could supply and fit some? OEM if possible. Or if there are any garages that undertake that type of work.

Im in the Sheffield area. Ive tried my local dealer and they were so unhelpful it was unreal. They eventually came back to be with a £1400 price which is ridiculous. They couldn't also guarantee it would be all the parts i'd need and 600£ of that was labour for fitting.

I'd love to hear your suggestions.
I suggest buying genuine used ones and go to a body shop , i'm sure they will do it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suggest buying genuine used ones and go to a body shop , i'm sure they will do it
Cheers i've been on the look out on ebay. Not many around. I'd be confident fitting them myself. I had the oem skirts off in a few minutes to try and fit the ebay ones but they didn't line up at all.

I would buy OEM 600£ is quite resonable the only issue is that the dealer will not confirm if it's all the parts i need and will refuse to take anything back if it's wrong.

Direct4x4

Have several choices
I had seen their offerings but not what im looking for :( cheers though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Getting the steps on can be tricky. If you've still got them fitted and have a bit of a gap you can always put a trim over it if you can move with that.

If you must have original then I can would also advise getting some second hand ones from eBay.. you can even search for glcs being broken for parts and get them removed specially for you. Probably cost £200ish and you know all the bits are there if they come off an existing vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts