Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a problem with the tailgate leaking water in when it rains heavy.
It doesn't go into the boot it just leaks out when the tail gate is lifted out of a panel on the passenger side.
Could it be the rear light or around the rear window.
Has anyone had this problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
It doesn't go into the boot it just leaks out when the tail gate is lifted out of a panel on the passenger side.
Hi
Hi There,
Yes, my 2019 GLC is back in for the second time for the same problem. I rarely go in to the boot and what with Covid etc. I have only done 6000 miles in the car over 2 years. The first time I noticed it was last winter and snow had slowly defrosted from lying on the car over a number of days. I opened the tailgate and a considerable amout of water leaked out from between the trim and metal. Local MB dealer had the car for a few days said that they has pressure water tested it, but found nothing.
Last week I opened the tailgate (I had washed the car a few days beforehand) and water came out of the trim and the switches for both the tailgate and towbar. It's in to day for it's 2 year service, so they are looking at it again.
I am not particularly happy with what this water is doing to the inside of the tailgate, but particularly the electrics.
Anybody got any ideas how the water is getting inside the tailgate?
Regards,
David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts