Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to my brother in law yesterday (13/10), the financial ombudsman has now ruled a final decision in his favour that the crabbing issue on his GLC 43 should never have been there in the first place. The ruling is that within 28 days MB have to pay 50% of his deposit, 50% of the payments, 50% of the GAP insurance plus interest. Lets see if they pay up.

This is the final Ombudsman decision not the adjudicator.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's interesting , I presume he is handing the car back to Mercedes to get his refund , I wonder if they would give me half of my purchase price back and I keep the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very interesting, agreed. I took delivery of a GLC63s last month. It is crabbing and clonking badly, with little positive response from the dealer. I may follow this route...

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
We still haven't seen any of the details of this, I went to the motoring ombudsman a couple of years ago and MB eventually gave me 20 inch wheels with winter tyres but only as a gesture of goodwill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any more news on this? I've got a 2 month old GLC63s that is doing my head in with the tyre skipping/crabbing issue. MB don't want to know, saying its a "characteristic" of the vehicle - which some customers are unhappy with!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Any more news on this? I've got a 2 month old GLC63s that is doing my head in with the tyre skipping/crabbing issue. MB don't want to know, saying its a "characteristic" of the vehicle - which some customers are unhappy with!!!!!!!!
Ralph, as we haven't seen any proof of this I would take it with a pinch of salt, see my reply in the clonking thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ralph, as we haven't seen any proof of this I would take it with a pinch of salt, see my reply in the clonking thread.

My glc43 is in for its first service today. They have told me my front tyres need changing. I had these as a warranty replacement for my summer tyres. To hide the crabbing problem. As I have 21” wheels I had no winter tyre option for the replacement only all weather. The MB guy assured me they would last as long as the summer tyres. I’ve now been told I will now need 2 new front tyres. 8k miles!!! Has anyone got auto dimming mirrors if so are they on both side or only drivers side?

·
Registered
61 Posts
My glc43 is in for its first service today. They have told me my front tyres need changing. I had these as a warranty replacement for my summer tyres. To hide the crabbing problem. As I have 21” wheels I had no winter tyre option for the replacement only all weather. The MB guy assured me they would last as long as the summer tyres. I’ve now been told I will now need 2 new front tyres. 8k miles!!! Has anyone got auto dimming mirrors if so are they on both side or only drivers side?
Welcome to GLC43 ownership! Mine is 2 years old, has done 23k miles and I'm about half way through my third set of front tyres.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Dimming mirror is only drivers side.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apologies to all, I see now why you were sceptical about my post! I should have posted the link to the decision

My brother in law got his money back last week into his account - £19000. He had a GLC 43 which as part of the ombudsman agreement has been returned.

Please read the decision as follows direct from the ombudsman

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/files/259069/DRN1169848.pdf

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Thanks Rehan, they are still selling 43's and 63's with the issue which is a disgrace.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts