Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Thanks Rehan for this positive news

Pleased to see MB have been found out and held to account 馃槂 Good news for GLC owners who cannot live with the Crabbing Fault

TM

Registered
Rehan - this is great news - I'm glad your brother in law was successful - I have the same issues and am seriously thinking of going down this route.

Registered
Took my 2017 glc in to Mercedes Newcastle yesterday, which I have owned for 8 months, which is showing signs of the crabbing issue and actually understeering in colder weather around roundabouts. After having the car for a full day and only taking the car out for 10 minutes, I think they forget the cars have gps on them. I collected the car at 18.00 to be told nothing wrong with it, I just need to change the tyres on the front for newer ones, even though there is 5mm left on them, but excessive wear on the outer side. I mentioned Mercedes know about the knuckle issue to be told no idea what I was talking about.
Not happy, I have already had a number of discussions with this dealership due to selling me starguard and it not being applied correctly or at all.
I expected better from Mercedes.

Registered
Took my 2017 glc in to Mercedes Newcastle yesterday, which I have owned for 8 months, which is showing signs of the crabbing issue and actually understeering in colder weather around roundabouts. After having the car for a full day and only taking the car out for 10 minutes, I think they forget the cars have gps on them. I collected the car at 18.00 to be told nothing wrong with it, I just need to change the tyres on the front for newer ones, even though there is 5mm left on them, but excessive wear on the outer side. I mentioned Mercedes know about the knuckle issue to be told no idea what I was talking about.
Not happy, I have already had a number of discussions with this dealership due to selling me starguard and it not being applied correctly or at all.
I expected better from Mercedes.
Hi
I've sent you a pm and happy to share my experience with that dealer if you wish. I'm not sure if it's prudent to discuss in detail on an open forum.

I'm really surprised they said they don't know about the knuckles as they fitted mine 5 months ago at the end of June. Had my car back in for 2 days recently as I was extremely unhappy with the car handling in the wet following the swap out and they way I'd been brushed off prior to me getting the service manager involved. Car is much better now but I'll never know exactly why.

Super Moderator
Phone customer services and complain, tell them your dealer is saying he knows nothing about the knuckle issue and needs educating. I assume your car isn't a 43.

Registered
I sent my Mercedes dealer an email stating that I'm contemplating terminating the PCP agreement due to the crabbing and clonking issues - which they have known about since last October - a month after I got the car - and they have up until now constantly told me there's no issues with it. To my surprise they have said that one option available to me would be to change it for another model - this to me suggests that they are aware of the issues and don't want people to go down the ombudsman route (which I still may explore)

Registered
Interesting read, as we've been experiencing our GLC 300 feeling like the tires are getting stuck in the grooves in the highway, or like the lug nuts are loose. It hasn't been "crabbing" to one side or the other, but more like wobbling to both sides, even on smooth asphalt.

Registered
Chris, in theory if you have a 2019 model you should not be experiencing the crabbing effect as current vehicles have the modified knuckles as well looking at your location, you probably have a lhd vehicle which again does not usually result in the crabbing effect.
By the sounds of your issue it sounds like the effect you get from run flat tyres due to there increased stiff side walls.

Registered
This is indeed good news and I am now going to go down same route, we have a GLC 43 and there is no cure for this in terms of the new knuckle or all season tyres due to size. This is now second winter for us and its unbearable again.

Thanks for info.

Registered
Not having read all this deeply I hope this is not off base. I think I get the crabbing thing; run over even a minor blemish in the road and the car wobbles a bit. The recommended pressures are pretty high. Not found in the manual nor the door jamb but under the fuel cap are alternative pressures. For normal use with my 18' tires the pressure prescribed is 32lbs. I run that and it makes a world of difference. We purchased the 2016 used and have put about 12k miles on it making 40k now and it is time for new ones. I am looking to find the best for us. My wife really wants to keep RFs on and my advisor likes Michelins as a good choice. Any thoughts welcome.

And in my last service they adjusted the pressure back to 42lbs and it was back. I adjusted back and it is gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts