Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right (from the drivers seat) front parking sensor on my GLC activates a warning without an obstruction near the vehicle. This happens when the vehicle had been washed or after rain.Does anyone else have this experience?

I have known melting snow set off parking sensors but haven't had this hyperactivity on previous C Class cars. It is only one sensor that does this, never the others.

Ideas?

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's weird, don't know what it could be and you might be best off stopping by the dealer to see what they'll do about it, after all its a new vehicle under warranty. Use it to your advantage.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Interested to see if it was a sensor that they had to replace or if it was something able to get done off of the ecm

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

I am still having this issue and it is the only problem with an otherwise lovely car.
Up to now, the dealer has :
A.Done the usual wiggle things about that they do
B.Reset the system
C.Replaced front sensors
D.Replaced the wiring in the front bumper (fender)
I am going to escalate past the dealer now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I noticed another forum had a post about parking sensors on Mercedes vehicles and this set me thinking. I have noticed that the front number plate was fitted in a frame that is used on most Mercedes cars in UK but it protrudes about 1cm below the rubber plinth supplied with the car.

The dealer has removed the frame and fitted the plate directly to the plinth as it would be done in Germany and, guess what? Yup, the issue seems to be fixed!!! I'll wait a week or two and confirm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Craig C

I've continually had this problem, and it has just started again. I'm convinced it is to do with the cold as I rarely have a problem through the summer. I've also had them jiggled, rewired, replaced, etc. Getting fed up now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts