Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a newbie to this forum. I moved up to this Black GLC300 from a White GLK350. I picked up this 2016 with 11k miles for $25K, killer deal. The GLC is an all around better car than the GLK in steering, braking, and obviously electronics. I do like the 350 of the GLK, it’s quieter and the power is more full but, I can’t beat the gas mileage of this turbo 4. I’m pulling 33.2 MPG in comfort mode on the way to work in the morning. The turbo is finicky though, with the heat and humidity in the afternoon I can’t get more than 28 MPG on the same exact route home.

I know most people aren’t gonna feel the 22’s but I was a wheel designer for over 20 years so, I put oversized wheels on everything I own. I like the fact that I don’t have to do too much to the rest of the car. I added the grill and I will need to drop a chuck on the sound system, which is the only disappointing feature about this car. I’ll be checking to see what other people are doing with their GLC’s and any problems I may need to be wary of going down the road, Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those 22" wheels look great on the GLC. Is there anything extra you have to do to accommodate those wheels?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those 22" wheels look great on the GLC. Is there anything extra you have to do to accommodate those wheels?
Thanks for the props. Believe it or not, this was a real easy fitment. There’s ton of room in the front and rear and it was a direct bolt fitment. Here’s the specs:
Front wheel - 22x9 ET 35mm, Tire 245/35/22
Rear wheel - 22x10.5 ET38mm, Tire 275/35/22 (if you go with a 10.5 a 285 will fit better and still clear on the inside)
Hub centric rings – Aluminum 72.6mm (wheel) to 66.56 (car)
Lugs – Chrome 14x1.5 x 28mm long
Valve stems – I used plated steel valve stems that bolt from the wheel side. I’ve used stems that bolt from the tire side. They look cleaner but if they loosen you’ll have to dismount the tire to tighten them.
TPMS – Make sure you use GLC OEM sensors or the dash won’t read them. Trust me on this issue, I had to use the ones from my stock wheels because aftermarket ones would not read.
This set up clears all the way around, no rubbing and full steering lock out. I’m in So Cal and get allot of thumbs up from other GLC drivers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any thoughts on lowering it? I’m curious what it would involve to have a more adjustable ride height than the only 2 options on it today of high vs a little bit higher. As a city driver, i rarely if ever have use for the minor change there, but i could definitely see a case for lowering it for cruising vs raising for parking near curbs. That feels doubly true looking at this 22” fit. If i bought those i’d want to to squat a bit more. Love the look though. Those rims look awesome. The only other ones i really covet right now are the black 21s on the 2021 models, but they’re like 5 grand on auction sites and that’s just bananas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts