Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can now configure the car with options, etc but the lease calculator does not appear to be working just yet. Looks like ksut over $60k with most options.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Most colors come at an additional cost besides black and white.... No wonder you were able to go from a $40,950 MSRP to $60k if that's just the paint alone.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Most colors come at an additional cost besides black and white.... No wonder you were able to go from a $40,950 MSRP to $60k if that's just the paint alone.
It's always been the options where they get you. It's said that they have limited selection of color for free to black and white though. That is being pretty niggardly of Mercedes-Benz in my opinion. Like, give people blue as well as a minimum.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I actually like the fact they charge more for specific things, it's how it should be, helps to weed out the number of people that would have gotten it if already included, making what you have a bit more exclusive.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't mind paying for additional options like heated seats or a Head Up Display but I don't see the point of paying so much for paint if it's going to end up chipped or scratched down the road.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't mind paying for additional options like heated seats or a Head Up Display but I don't see the point of paying so much for paint if it's going to end up chipped or scratched down the road.
It's all part of buying a higher end product, either you can afford to play or you can't. By the sounds of it, it isn't for you.

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's odd. Sounds like a combination that would be better paired rather than having to choose one or the other.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think I've figured it out. The interior package comes with ventilated front seats and it seems like you can only have one or the other. That's weird, you'd expect a luxury brand to be able to implement both into one seat.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You'd think they would give you the option if you were willing to pay for it. My brother's Lexus has both option so I don't see why a newer Mercedes model wouldn't have it too in order to compete.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone find the Mercedes glc builder horribly frustrating. I gave up trying to figure out what option package can go with what color interior or grade of leather or not...can't get heated and ventilated seats...on and on really poorly implement...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree with you there. Frustrating that some packages have what I want but you can't seem to get it with this certain trim or option. It's like they don't want you to have the perfect GLC for your preferences...

·
Registered
8 Posts
It may be a mute point after I test drive the only power plant available out of the shoot being the 2.0. It would be nice if the diesel were an option at role out. It may just mean I go with the Audi qs5 simply a blast to drive and plenty of power under the hood.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I've figured it out. The interior package comes with ventilated front seats and it seems like you can only have one or the other. That's weird, you'd expect a luxury brand to be able to implement both into one seat.
If you read the full description of the Ventilated Front Seats option, you will see that they also have a heating mode. The description is the same as you will find for the C Class, but the C Class builder calls them "Heated and Ventilated" front seats. Since Ventilated Front Seats also heat, you can't also order heated seats.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you read the full description of the Ventilated Front Seats option, you will see that they also have a heating mode. The description is the same as you will find for the C Class, but the C Class builder calls them "Heated and Ventilated" front seats. Since Ventilated Front Seats also heat, you can't also order heated seats.
Excellent thanks for the clarification. My head is swimming trying to make my decision on what my next ride is going to be. I have an even longer list of SUVs I gave scratched off the list so at list the list is getting smaller.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lol go with a 2016 BMW X5 or Lexus RX as alternatives. GLC sales delay taking too long, and edition one adopters are rolling the dice on quality control issues (although it hopefully be better than the C-class Alabama launch units, being the GLC made in Germany). Same 4 cylinder engine, just test drive the W205 and imagine a bigger platform with the more weight to power ratio (probably slower and more under-steer, since GLC higher center of gravity than the C-class).

IMO it's better to wait for discounts because paying $55K-$60K MSRP for an optioned out 4 banger turbo is absurd unless you really love MB and be the first person with the new design.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I might go the Lexus route, Lexus has really been improving things but the design is what i'm still getting used to, something i've noticed with a lot of folks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts