Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mercedes Glc 43 Amg
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
When I drive my 2018 Glc 43 Amg on a bumby road there is a rattling noice, Im not sure where it comes from, but my guess is from the sunroof mechanism!
Anyone else with same problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes. I had the same problem. It's crazy how a Benz has rattling issues.
If you have sunglasses stored it can create rattling.
If you google how to fix car rattling problems, you can find some tips.
I bought some anti-vibration tape and applied it to difference plastic parts of the car. My rattling is 90% gone but there are other parts of the car that cause rattling.

·
Registered
2018 Mercedes Glc 43 Amg
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I had the same problem. It's crazy how a Benz has rattling issues.
If you have sunglasses stored it can create rattling.
If you google how to fix car rattling problems, you can find some tips.
I bought some anti-vibration tape and applied it to difference plastic parts of the car. My rattling is 90% gone but there are other parts of the car that cause rattling.
Hello, the sunglass "box" is empty
What parts did you prepare?

·
Registered
2 Posts
For me it was the part where the dashboard touches the glass on the left side (there is airbag on top of it). I used some anti vibration tape and put it under it. When you are driving and hear rattling use your finger to hold down places and see if rattling will go away. Then you know what part needs tap.

·
Registered
2018 Mercedes Glc 43 Amg
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For me it was the part where the dashboard touches the glass on the left side (there is airbag on top of it). I used some anti vibration tape and put it under it. When you are driving and hear rattling use your finger to hold down places and see if rattling will go away. Then you know what part needs tap.

View attachment 3593
Thanks,I will try that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That was not the issue with my car, I think the noise comes from the roof! Not sure!
I've received the car a couple of days ago. It's a 2021 Glc43 amg coupe and our roads in Montréal are very bumpy and the rattling noise from the sunroof area is driving me crazy! Isn't there a fix for this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts