Mercedes GLC Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also when changing brake pads ,this if for DIY people on the know only , I've been told that you have to be checking your pads often so that you can see how far are you from damaging the sensor because of friction from the rotors, if you can do that ,you can replace the pads without replacing the sensor and any calibrating factor of the car .Main thing is sensor should be intact not a scratched from the rotor, only then we can save lots of cash (labour and price of pads from Merc) specially those who are out of warranty. Is that make sense? I think so......
Cheers

·
Registered
259 Posts
can you tell me how to fill up Ad Blue if you want to fill up yourself? Of course after the warranty finishedD just curious ( have watched you tube )probably need a funnel to suit!!!!
Cheers
I haven't done it on my GLC yet though I did buy 5 litres of ad blue in readiness just a couple of weeks ago.
I filled up My previous Audi A6 and its very simple as the ad blue bottles come complete with a screw on funnel nozzle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
But does the adblue gauge need to be reset? I started filling up my Macan myself to avoid the ridiculous dealer cost, but because the electronics weren’t reset (only the dealer can do!) the gauge kept showing empty and the car thought so too and stopped to avoid damage. Just one of the many reasons that that car is going to a new home at the earliest opportunity.

·
Registered
37 Posts
But does the adblue gauge need to be reset? I started filling up my Macan myself to avoid the ridiculous dealer cost, but because the electronics weren’t reset (only the dealer can do!) the gauge kept showing empty and the car thought so too and stopped to avoid damage. Just one of the many reasons that that car is going to a new home at the earliest opportunity.
I'm also learning this .Good to know...Oh no Adam don"t sell your Macan just for that. Please read this.

Refilling your Own AdBlue - AdBlueExpert.org

·
Registered
259 Posts
My Audi reset itself but you need to fill it right up to reset the sensor. I assume it's similar on the MB but not sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not getting rid of it just for that, there’s the rattles and knocks, grinding brakes when warm, ticking heater element from cold, the self cracking outer door trim, the rusting boot lid struts, the dab radio that takes ages to connect, the stupid grooves in the wheels that pick up tar and not forgetting the leather on the steering wheel that bubbles and had to be replaced. No, the Adblue issue is minor. Was nice to return to a dealer (Mercedes) that didn’t look down their nose at me, as if I was doing them a favour by buying one of their overpriced products. Seemed a good idea at the time!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lons, thats what I read on that link it reset itself but have to fill right up. Hope Merc is like that. Adam with all your problems with you car, your right it needs new home but make sure you get the best of it for a sale or trade in. Having said that ,I've read about crabbing issue with the GLC but I haven't experience it as yet hopefully never. I'm happy overall with my car so far.
Also according to the link it expires within 18 months so there's no need to stack up heaps ,just when we need close to empty will probably do. I have not search yet if we can buy this stuff in bottles of 5,10 litres in a local servo.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts