Mercedes GLC Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
All fixed. Got a payment from them for the inconvenience and they replace the COMAND system completely. Happy that it's all fixed but not so happy with the reliability in the first place. Anyone had similar issues?
@ LENSMAN01, my 2016 GLC last week has developed the same fault as you experienced. Despite me sharing your experience with my local (NW London) dealership service manager, they are determined to approach this step by step. I am now left waiting until the end of January for the GPS Antenna replacement... It would be greatly appreciated if you have anyone at your local dealership you could put me in contact with to try and speed this up? Happy New Year, Matthew

·
Registered
1 Posts
Software troubled GLC

Hello,

I was very happy with my car, but have to say that Mercedes really lacks in communication and user friendliness. I had a similar problem then Docchan.

I left my laptop and one of a colleague in the trunk. We checked different times if the trunk and car were closed to make sure it was safe (I already encountered a sudden open trunk different times). The rest you can guess... We went to a meeting. After 5 hours I received a mail via MeConnect that the my starter battery was getting low. When I arrived at my car 30 minutes later, the doors were unlocked, the laptops gone and the battery completely empty.

I have some internal Mercedes documents that describe this problem that I could photograph at my dealership. Off course they are not happy with this... So now they are ignoring me and Mercedes doesn't offer a solution or an indemnification.

Docchan, Can you please tell more about your problem and how/if it was resolved?

I think a premium brand (or actually any type of brand) car should not have this type of basic problems... I already had a lot of 'weird' software issues and Mercedes is really not helping here.

Does anybody has an idea about a customer service from Mercedes itself? My dealer doesn't seem to be able to fix this...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum, can you please fill in your location in your profile, the correct information regarding customer service can then be given as it is different in different markets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All fixed. Got a payment from them for the inconvenience and they replace the COMAND system completely. Happy that it's all fixed but not so happy with the reliability in the first place. Anyone had similar issues?
I have a 2019 GLC (3 months old) and the sat nav and other items on the system frequently shut down, the nav says reading memory card, I have taken it out cleaned it and put back in as per Mercedes instructions and last week the phone just cut off mid call and system shut down - really annoying as its a £43k car and I rely on the sat nav as I travel a lot - I have to print a route planner to take as a back up to make sure I reach my destination.

I thought that maybe the system overheads and shuts down

After more shut downs the car went into MB and they couldn't find a fault they did a system update and a week later on another journey (over 1 hour) it went off again and took 7 minutes to come back on, to prove to them I am not fibbing I showed them that my passenger recorded the unit from the minute if goes to reading memory card until when it totally shuts down. They don't seem interested in finding what is wrong - VERY DISAPPOINTED

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 GLC shut down on me, twice, while driving in the left lane at highway speeds of around 70mph. At first a pre-safe warning message flashes and then the car begins to steadily slow down. No response from driver inputs other than steering. The car will come to a complete stop in about 2-3 minutes. I was scared to death the second time because it happened on a mountain pass highway with no shoulder due to snow pile up. I had to cross over 2 lanes of traffic while traveling much slower than the surrounding cars. It was harrowing. I can't imagine how anyone would write software code that would allow the car to shut down. I'm tempted to contact the NTSB.
Anyway, MB dealer said, "yeah, we've heard of this happening" just bring it in and we'll take a look. Rather cavalier for a situation that nearly had me on the evening news in a very bad way.
I have a new GLC 63S and this has happened three times, the dealership have had the car for three weeks and they can't see the fault on the diagnostics, lucky for me I took a photo of all the errors on screen. They have now said its fixed, but they can't say how they know they have fixed it and won't guarantee that it is not going to happen again. I'm actually scared to drive the car, its no fun coasting on right lane of a highway with no power and as you know, you need to step on the break to restart the car, not a good idea with a truck up your ass.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts