Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just had an A Service and had to have the Passenger side Lower Spring arm replaced due to the Bushes being worn - explaining the Clunk on a Left turn. Is this a usual thing for 38,000 miles / five years ???. anyone else had Front Suspension Bushes replaced so early ???

Thanks in advance

Howie

Registered
Did your GLC suffer from Crabbing?

Wondering if the crabbing & Juddering fault may have impacted the bushes 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did your GLC suffer from Crabbing?

Wondering if the crabbing & Juddering fault may have impacted the bushes 馃
Not sure about "Crabbing" It seems to run straight and true with the hands off the wheel, unless It's something else I haven't noticed ???

It does do the skipping on full lock that GLC's seem to suffer with, but I do Full Lock hardly ever and back off a few degrees when manoeuvring in a tighter space. I had to change the front tyres as they had worn down excessively on the inner shoulders.

It was just the Left side bush / arm assembly so I was wondering if its common.

Regards

Howie

Registered
Had the front passenger side ball joint replaced at 36000 miles and 5 years old. It failed its MOT on this and had no option but to agree for Mercedes to repair it at 拢650. I questioned this with Mercedes Customer Care based on low mileage and age but got no where - they said it was wear and tear! I am curious whether the crabbing issue has caused this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts