Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes plans to come out with a right hand drive version of the GLC in order to reach the other international market that the GLK was unable to including the UK, Australia, South Africa, Japan and India. Maybe we'll soon see a few international members on this forum.

Mercedes did not engineer the GLK for right-hand drive because it was the brand's first compact SUV and it wanted limit its financial risk because it did not know how successful the model would be, a company executive said. Mercedes now has a much clearer sense of the market potential, not just from seven years of GLK sales but also from the success of competitors such as the Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Volvo XC60.
Mercedes aims to expand crossover appeal with tech, right-hand drive GLC

·
Registered
412 Posts
I bet we'll see a good amount of UK and Aussie members join, the rest might be here in small numbers although i've heard india's economy is picking up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure about Japan because I thought they were more into small and compact vehicles due to the lack of parking space. India may be a big market for the GLC because they most likely have the money for it. they do have the ninth-largest economy in the world.

·
Registered
225 Posts
When you have that many people, its easier to have one of the world's hugest economies. Their income distribution is huge though. So many poor, and then a growing middle and upper class. Pretty sure the GLC will be even more expensive than it is in other countries because of tariffs too, assuming that they are not manufacturing GLCs in India.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts