Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my GLC 220d urban edition on the 28th September been told 1st December delivery.whats everyone's else's experience .do these dates sound realistic ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I ordered a GLC 250 Sport on 30/07/18 with a build date of 28/09/18 and a delivery date of 30/10.
Spoke with dealer and it has all so far gone to plan and the vehicle has been built and was waiting transport to uk from Bremen and they still expect it to arrive by 30/10 if not slightly before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ordered GLC 250D AMG Line on 03/08/18 - was told delivery 4th week October (so next week). Not heard anything at all since... so nobody has told me it's not on track, but likewise, no one has confirmed it will be delivered next week yet...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered GLC 250D AMG Line on 03/08/18 - was told delivery 4th week October (so next week). Not heard anything at all since... so nobody has told me it's not on track, but likewise, no one has confirmed it will be delivered next week yet...

i would be contacting the dealer if i was you.keep us all informed

·
Registered
25 Posts
i would be contacting the dealer if i was you.keep us all informed
Unfortunately it's through a lease and I am tired of asking them for an update and being told they'll let me know once they hear from MB. They had a more firm approach yesterday... lets see if they ever get back to me!!! :wink2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Short update. Got an update from the Lease company yesterday - although I am not convinced they've actually spoken to MB, seems they just can't be bothered and just give me any dates they can think of.
On Wednesday they said "slight delay" due to the WLTP testing, and then yesterday he said that delay is 6 weeks which takes us now to end Nov / early December (ordered 03/08/18).
As I say, I'm not convinced they've actually got any idea as on Wednesday he said he hadn't heard from them, but it was a slight delay - not sure how he knew it was slight if he hadn't spoken to them! Likewise, 6 weeks just seems a way to fob me off and stop me pestering for another 5 weeks.... Ah well, maybe it can come wrapped for Christmas!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not looking good for me then JF11H as i ordered mine nearly 8 weeks after you and was told end of october first week of december mmm.

·
Registered
21 Posts
MB have (or had) a load of stock vehicles, why did you not pick one of those?

·
Registered
25 Posts
MB have (or had) a load of stock vehicles, why did you not pick one of those?
Purely because there wasn't one in specifically the spec that I wanted - or at least not one available to the lease company that I am using.
You're right of course - I could have been a lot less fussy and had one much quicker no doubt.

·
Registered
25 Posts
$%^*!

Apparently mine is 10th Dec for build date. Someone either liked the look of your name or order and bumped you up, or they're making more Urban's than AMG Lines. Pah. Starting to wonder if it'll even be here before we get to 19 plates!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
$%^*!

Apparently mine is 10th Dec for build date. Someone either liked the look of your name or order and bumped you up, or they're making more Urban's than AMG Lines. Pah. Starting to wonder if it'll even be here before we get to 19 plates!!!
Hope your car gets built then, if it was mine I certainly wouldn't let them register it until January 1st.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hope your car gets built then, if it was mine I certainly wouldn't let them register it until January 1st.
What difference would that make? Not sure I really understand? Dec 10th registration, or January 1st registration will still be 68 plates... Do you mean purely so it can be labelled as a 2019 68 plate? If so, it's a lease, so I am not really too concerned on the residuals. Or maybe I am missing the point?

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
What difference would that make? Not sure I really understand? Dec 10th registration, or January 1st registration will still be 68 plates... Do you mean purely so it can be labelled as a 2019 68 plate? If so, it's a lease, so I am not really too concerned on the residuals. Or maybe I am missing the point?
You said it was being built 10th December, assume you won't get delivery until about the 20th at earliest.

Yes if it's a lease it won't matter to you, it was just about residuals being a 2019 car not a 2018 one, it WILL be worth more on resale even though they will both be 68 plate.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts