Mercedes GLC Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You said it was being built 10th December, assume you won't get delivery until about the 20th at earliest.

Yes if it's a lease it won't matter to you, it was just about residuals being a 2019 car not a 2018 one, it WILL be worth more on resale even though they will both be 68 plate.
i have also read stories of dealers charging the new year price increase if you register it in the next year which is looking like 4%.

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
I ordered my GLC in November, price went up in January and I paid the original price agreed.

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Learoy, I have ordered a lot of cars from different manufacturers and have always paid the order price even though there has been price rises before delivery. I know there is always small print saying that they can increase price but in your case I would be surprised if original price didn't stand as you were due for delivery before price increase. It is not your fault that delivery has slipped.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, I agree Philamg. I don't expect there to be a price change. I have a contract from order that clearly stated all costs and prices. I would not expect that to change (and would not accept it either).

Re the delivery, although they told me build date of December 10th, unfortunately they said 7th Jan to be in dealer. I wish they would promise December 20 as you say, but seems they finish for Christmas before me!!!! :grin2:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ask my dealer about registering my car in January and was told the price I was given was only for cars being registered before the end of the year hence why I got £8000 off the list price.never mind don't ask don't get

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Still a good deal Learoy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
trying to arrange to get it next week told me on monday morning it is in zeebrugge should be with them by the end of the week.how's yours looking for delivery.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Picked my glc urban edition up today and first impressions I absolutely love it.i will post some pics next week after I fit the mudflaps running boards and towbar.one question to any other urban owners should my glc have the 3 colour interior light system as I cant find it in the vehicle settings I'm sure it says it has in the brochure.maybe it hasn't been activated by the dealer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally a delivery date! All confirmed to be delivered Wednesday 9th! Unfortunately I am working abroad for the next 2 weeks so the wife will have to take delivery, but at least it's finally coming. Only 23 weeks since order!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Congratulations JF11H, enjoy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Finally a delivery date! All confirmed to be delivered Wednesday 9th!........
We need more pics on here, make sure you post some up when you get it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi folks

Just joined this forum as I wait delivery of my GLC AMG 43 premium in obsidian black with night pack ��

I ordered the car in November 2018 and was quoted mid to end January 2019. Phoned the dealer and they advised the car is still at manufacturing but anticipated delivery 28 Jan 2019. They are going to call every Monday with an update which is pretty decent.

Meanwhile enjoying the last few miles in my Audi TTS mk3 which will leave me with just over 6k miles since new.

Any tips or hints on new ownership greatly received.

Cheers

Les

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Hi Les

Great choice of car, you will love it. The only issue I have had in 22 months of ownership is the crabbing issue. No way around it except to fit winter tyres as there are no approved (by MB) all weather tyres for the 43 or 63.
Have you ordered the intelligent lights, they are brilliant.
Can you please add your location to your profile so we know where you are based.

Reactions: Lesdon499
21 - 40 of 40 Posts