Mercedes GLC Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Never got a receipt as it was warranty,,how would I find the info out ?
Interesting, they should have still given you a receipt with a breakdown of the work they completed. You likely could call the service department where you had them installed and ask for the part #'s. I know that's a pain but I'm desperately trying to get this issue taken care of so if these pads work I certainly want them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting, they should have still given you a receipt with a breakdown of the work they completed. You likely could call the service department where you had them installed and ask for the part #'s. I know that's a pain but I'm desperately trying to get this issue taken care of so if these pads work I certainly want them.
No problem.mikeman I will phone ASAP .and get back to you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Aldo, look forward to seeing your response.
Spoke to my dealer they had changed the front pads first time,
they thought the squeal was coming from the front .
But the squeal was coming from the rears part no MA0004208000-64 ,they have been on since Oct and are 100% quiet .
Hope you have success

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep. Only in reverse. No idea why. Guess what? The dealer couldn't replicate it so I'm no further forward.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 GLC300 and started experiencing the squeaking in reverse around 22,000 miles. It has become worse over time and also has a minor squeak at low speeds when going forward now. The squeak seems to coincide with colder weather but Las Vegas isn't really that cold. Just took it to my local dealer and they told me it would be over $600 to replace all 4 brake pads with a newer style that may or may not fix the problem. This was also not covered under the extended warranty on my certified pre-owned vehicle which was just inspected and purchased in July 2018 (I have barely put 8,000 miles on it). For those of you who have had the new style of brake pads, was this cost covered by the dealership under any type of warranty or did you pay out of pocket? Do the latest pads solve the issue or not?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a GLC 300 and this is my second time in the same week bringing the car in for squealing brakes. First time dusted them off, today added paste. Still under warranty and dealership resistant to changing pads/rotors. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are in Botswana and bought our GLC 250 in September last year and have had the same squeaking brake problem. Today, the car is in the garage for the 5th time. it is disheartening to realize that Mercedes Benz have had and known about this problem for years and are still selling cars that squeak and are still unable to fix the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone. I came across this site after searching for info on the brake squeaking on my GLC. I looked for the rear brake pad using the part number that Aldo provided but didn't see anything online. Has anyone tried third-party brake pads on the rear to see if those help? I found some ceramic pads on Amazon (can't link to them since I'm new), as an example. I'm out of warranty so I'm trying to find a pad I can get my hands on and swap them out myself to fix the issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The part no I gave is what Mercedes put on mine ,don’t know if they are available to buy on line yet ,phone your merc dealer with the part no and see what they say
Cheers
Alan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a pre-owned 2016 GLC 300 with 10,000 miles. I have owned the car for 3 months and the squeaky sound is getting louder and louder. I happens on reverse and it's also happening even when I stop for traffic lights. I took it to the dealer. They cleaned the roders and the squeaking noise continues same. It is so embarrassing. I will call the dealer and bring the car again next week. I am so disappointed. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have owned my GLC 300 for 3 years now (still under warranty) and each of those 3 years, I have had the "loud squeal while reversing" in the winter days. I have taken multiple times to different MB dealerships (one in NH and one in MA) and they replaced the pads (front and rear) a couple of times but, the problem still exists. It happens only in cold months (which is about 5 to 6 months for us in the Northeast). What an embarrassment that a luxury car maker cannot fix this problem!! I'm taking my car again tomorrow to the dealership to see what they can do. Any class-action lawsuit, I'm with you guys as MB is just beyond apathetic

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was able to take mine into the dealer back in June and they replaced the front pads and the noise is gone. At least, it hasn't come back yet and we've had some pretty cold weather. If it helps, the code listed next to the pad on my invoice is 000-420-65-02. They also replaced the brake wear sensor, 169-540-16-17. They added a note stating "Found noise coming from front pads when backing up code as per LI42.10-P-063978"

Maybe that will help for anyone trying to work with a dealer who has the same issue I had.

·
Registered
2017 GLC 250d Sport Premium Plus with Air Body Control
18 Posts
Thanks for the info.
Car going in tomorrow and the service girl has told me that brakes are not covered under warranty and if I want ANYTHING done I will have to pay them for it!
Will be quoting all this to them!

·
Registered
2017 GLC 250d Sport Premium Plus with Air Body Control
18 Posts
Sitting in MB garage and have just been told yet again that the SERIOUS BRAKE SQUEAL on my 2017 GLC is not covered under warranty. I even showed them a video of how bad it is and quoted all the info and part numbers listed above but they are having none of it. They want over £450 to replace the front and rear pads. 😱

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone experience issues with squeaky brakes when the car is put in reverse?
My brakes squeak every time I put the car reverse and
we have been told this is an inherent problem with the car.
I have terrible issues when putting my 2019-GLC 300 in reverse. The squeak can last for up to 20 seconds. I have brought the car into Mercedes, have had the brake pads replaced, and 500 miles later, it still does squeaks like crazy. Mercedes says they know about the issue and are aware of it. That really helps me a lot. Had I known about this prior or had someone advised me when I purchased the car, I would never have bought it.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts