Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2017 GLC 300. It only has 20k miles on it. When I hit a small bump, pothole, or uneven pavement on the interstate it wildly kicks sideways. Sometimes it feel like the wheels comes up off the road and shudders. I took it back to dealer and they said they aligned it and adjusted it. It still does it - even worse. Any advice is welcome

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Welcome Merc300, obviously something wrong with your car, haven't heard of the issue before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2017 GLC 300. It only has 20k miles on it. When I hit a small bump, pothole, or uneven pavement on the interstate it wildly kicks sideways. Sometimes it feel like the wheels comes up off the road and shudders. I took it back to dealer and they said they aligned it and adjusted it. It still does it - even worse. Any advice is welcome
Merc300. Do you still have that issue? I have same problem with my 2017 GLC300 which I bought new in fall of 2016. ~62,000 miles now. Since roughly 25K miles, it's been doing that same chattering, shuddering thing on highway bumps, etc. that you described. Took it to dealer couple years ago and they said they didn't notice it on test drive. No surprise there. My non-dealer MB mechanic noticed in right away, believes it is likely steering rack problem. Needed new front tires anyway and those helped but still shudders and if road bump is on a curve, car does sometimes jump tiny bit sideways. It's still under extended warranty, so I plan to take it back to dealer, perhaps a different one, and hope they'll fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts