Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a GLC300e almost here, finally. I have had it on order since mid Jan. My question is in regards to the factory fitted towbar that I paid for with my order. I was under the assumption that this would be a tuck away towbar fitted at the factory before my car began its long journey to me. However after discussions with the dealership/salesman he tells me that “No towbars come fitted from the factory to Australia” they all get fitted here once the vehicle arrives so as to make sure it meets all Australian specifications etc. Does anyone here know if this is true/fact? He also doesn’t know if it will be a tuck away or fixed towbar. So now I’m not sure what I should be expecting and accept as getting what I paid for.

Cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Australian regs are different and they have a different Hayman Reese "official" towbar here.

That said, according to the spec sheet a towbar is not permitted on the 300e?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Australian regs are different and they have a different Hayman Reese "official" towbar here.

That said, according to the spec sheet a towbar is not permitted on the 300e?
“Not permitted...” ?? The vehicle is rated for 2500Kg braked towing and it’s a factory option which I have paid for 🤷🏽‍♂️

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree it has a tow rating, but the spec sheet is very clearly labelled for the 300e with
Code:
*** Towbar fitment not permitted
That fact was one of several reasons I didn't wait for the 300e.

🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm..... Intersting. The dealership is getting my car on Monday, so I guess I will know early next week when I pick up my car if it is the $5K factory fitted towbar or not 😬

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2020 GLC 300 and after similar discussions with the dealer, opted to go aftermarket... but last time I checked in, they didnt have the bar/kit yet (that was Dec).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts