Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 AMG GLC43's (2500 miles) Command screen was blank when I started it recently. Shutdown and restart did not change it. So I took it to the dealer - driving without the screen is frustratiing - everything worked I just couldn't see it. On restart with service manager it was still blank so they sent it to service to be diagnosed. Of course. when the mechanic started it all was fine! They did see a code in memory but could not find anything wrong. So, back on road hoping:confused: it will not occur again. :frown2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2017 AMG GLC43's (2500 miles) Command screen was blank when I started it recently. Shutdown and restart did not change it. So I took it to the dealer - driving without the screen is frustratiing - everything worked I just couldn't see it. On restart with service manager it was still blank so they sent it to service to be diagnosed. Of course. when the mechanic started it all was fine! They did see a code in memory but could not find anything wrong. So, back on road hoping:confused: it will not occur again. :frown2:
Well as of today your not alone....My one week old 17 GLC 300 Coupe had the same issue this morning only 500km on it. Took it in and the Head Mechanic and electronics tech said there is a definite issue in the connection between the head unit and the screen so I left it with them for today...lets see if it gets resolved...:mad:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well it was quite the day first off the technician determined the screen was dead and ordered me a new one to arrive Monday for installation...so I told them to put it all back together and I will use it this weekend...so the tech does that and starts it up to take it for a wash and it works again like there was nothing wrong...and now its working fine again...he still wants to change it out but I don't see the point as I don't think thats the issue...I'm wondering if the contacts for the connector might be corroded....its kind of baffling as to whats going on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well as of today your not alone....My one week old 17 GLC 300 Coupe had the same issue this morning only 500km on it. Took it in and the Head Mechanic and electronics tech said there is a definite issue in the connection between the head unit and the screen so I left it with them for today...lets see if it gets resolved...:mad:
Hey i have a GLC 250D about 12 months old same issue started the car today morning the screen won't power up , no navigation , radio or Bluetooth waiting to take it to the Mercedes Showroom tomorrow , as you said is frustrating to drive without that Screen or the radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was there any flickering before the display died? My 2017 GLC 300 display started flickering on the way to work couple of days ago - I recorded a video of it just in case. Parked the car and when I was done with work the problem went away.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you've managed to record the flickering, maybe you can show it to your dealerships tech. Even if they can't recreate it, maybe they'll know what to look for when they run diagnostics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts