Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am from the UK (not sure if that is relevant) but I am interested in purchasing said car.

I've mostly owned Audi S cars, VWs so first time visiting a Mercedes dealership today.

I want to know if a 2018 (pre face-lift) comes with Apple Car play / Android auto. I like the new models but not sure on the quad tail pipes design from 2019.

Is there any kit that is worth looking for, or anything useful to know?

Thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Are you aware of the unacceptable Crabbing the C43 - even brand new cars - suffer from.

Search the Forum and Google > GLC Crabbing

Awful fault that MB call a characteristic

Only effects Right Hand Drive GLC’s

MB fixed this fault on non-AMG models but not the C43 or C63 - even after 6 years

Apart from the Crabbing it’s a great car

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply, no I hadn't realised the 'Crabbing' issue you mention. I will have a look at the forums and on Google to learn more about it before I take a test drive.. perhaps if I can get this to happen during the test drive I can see the reaction from the salesman.

Great to know other than that it is a great car.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You wont experience the Crabbing during the summer - it appears at temps below 10 degrees - ask the salesperson and see what they say

It truly is an awful experience - thousands of owners have been complaining for 6 years. MB supplied non-AMG owners with New Steering Knuckles - Struts to change the geometry plus new Tyres under Warranty. But this fix is not available for C43 C63 AMG models - quite shocking

Google and watch the YouTube videos

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers,

Are there any advantages from a 2020 model over the 2018. I am interested in the car play function but read that not all gave them.

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Posters are correct about crabbing, I got rid of my 43 because of this. It is there at all temperatures on full lock but gets much worse at low, wet temperatures, it is truly awful and spoils a great car.

Reactions: Dumbletide

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you aware of the unacceptable Crabbing the C43 - even brand new cars - suffer from.

Search the Forum and Google > GLC Crabbing

Awful fault that MB call a characteristic

Only effects Right Hand Drive GLC’s

MB fixed this fault on non-AMG models but not the C43 or C63 - even after 6 years

Apart from the Crabbing it’s a great car
Posters are correct about crabbing, I got rid of my 43 because of this. It is there at all temperatures on full lock but gets much worse at low, wet temperatures, it is truly awful and spoils a great car.
I have a 2019 GL 43 with 21”rins and Conti tires and had a bad crabbing problem summer and winter. Just was told by MB dealer my fronts were toast and needs new ones with an alignment as the outer edge was badly worn . So I put two new contis on the same 21” rims and got the obligatory alignment and I have not had one crabbing event since!!! My wife now loves the car again

·
Registered
232 Posts
The new fresh flexible rubber on the new tyres masks the crabbing.

Afraid to say it will return + this fault eats tyres

1 - 8 of 8 Posts