Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new 250D Sport with premium plus package with 360 camera in Brilliant Blue with the light interior.
A headache from reading the manual.... so many functions but I think I have got the hang of most including nearly reversing into some random house drive when trying the active park assist - and the car outstrips the performance of the dealership so far.

A couple of questions -anyone in the Uk taken out the service pack yet? Beneficial? I also thought there was a built in hard drive for storing cds - but now not so sure as cant find in manual?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Blowers, The cars are "stonking" aren't they, I've only had mine a week, still haven't use the active park yet but everything else is pretty mush sussed I thing.
I have the service pack I think we are talking about the same thing, It's £35 a month and everything is covered, from picking the car up, breakpads, oil change, servicing (obviously) and delivering the car back.
I also had the extras for tyre, alloys and paintwork. Nearly 270 miles on the clock now!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bluelight and thanks.
I haven't driven that much yet - only about 80 miles but first impressions are its spot on. Size is great and love the sunroof .I have " found" the little clips at the seat backs which enable the rear seats to be put in a more upright position and give 30 litres more in the boot. Might not sound that important but it just gives me enough extra space to get the golf trolley and golf bag in with no problems. Have spent ages trying to get I phone 6 to access internet through tethering etc. Probably not worth it as a bit slow anyway. Have you used Internet or Mercedes me yet - I am still awaiting latter. Maybe more gimmicks than really worth it? I have "educated" the Liguatronic but still trying to get head around all the voice options. I find it a little annoying that the steering wheel display shows KPH not MPH when it is set to nav ( albeit it shows the mileage in MPH when I toggle away from nav) I think it is legislation or something. I assume yours does the same? Have you played with the sound system settings yet? I have also just ordered after market rubber mats for the upcoming Autumn/ winter so to keep the nice merc ones looking good for the summer. I am told minor service is £330 and major is £560 so the £35 a month would seem to be fine and I'll proceed. Have been poodling in comfort mode ( can't take my eyes off all the gizmo options) and only a short blast in sports so more to play with there. I was worried I might have buyers remorse for not spec cling Airmatic but I think the steel suspension should be just fine. What tyres did you have? Mine are Hankook.
Any other new owner advice or tips most welcome
Regards

·
Registered
25 Posts
Blowers
The tyres are Michelin Latitude Sport 3? I don't know if that's good or bad. Why do you have to tether the phone? my Sammy S6 connects instantly to talk and stream music. You don't need it for the mercedes emergency and service buttons etc.
I haven't used the satnav yet, I will be going to Colchester to swap out the leather for light grey tomorrow (Thursday) So will be using it then. Surely you can change the read out to miles? I'll have to give it a go. I'll have to look for the clips as I'm a golfer. Where are they?
I have my car set up in comfort mode but I have the steering in sport mode.
Mercedes me on the internet works well, but the app Mercedes me doesn't work with the GLC at all!
Over the weekend I am installing my dash cam, I'm running it from the cig lighter fuse in the boot with a 12v to 5v converter. the cable will just run around under the trim, ready for a trip to Cornwall on Sunday.
Regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bluelights
Yep no problem with talk/streaming but I was trying to see all the functions and I was struggling to bring up internet connectivity on the Merc screen (you can google search etc just like on a computer ) I realised I could not connect as I needed to first enable tethering the phone I,e you then use your data allowance in the normal way. Frankly it was too slow so I probably wont use it-easier to just search on the phone. Have uses the satnav today and its pretty good ( I like 3d mode best) ,Could not believe it but was getting 47 mpg on an A rd (golf) trip today and 45 overall so far 80 miles My previous Jag XF was a bit laggy on the satnav and would "hunt" to recalc route if I took a wrong turning. This thing has no lag and just re calculates without any delay-you don't even notice it. THe KPH is by the way only small-top right -on the display behind the steering wheel. I still see MPH as well if have the display in the main digital MPH mode but If I change it to Nav or trip the KPH is shown only. I find the lefty hand speedo display mot so easy No biggee just annoying. When you pull the back seats down just look for some black metal bits that fold out ,when folded out push seat back and seats remains more upright. Yeah not sure with my tyres but yours sound fine. Love the look of your AMG alloys -mine not so good on the Sport-little more restrained but the trade off was I wanted the light Silk interior with the Brilliant blue and doesn't come with AMG. I wonder if the side steps from the aftermarket company you looked at would fit the Sport? Not sure if I want/need them yet ( my old BMW X5 always resulted in mucky jeans due to side steps.
Keep me posted on any new finds.
Regards

·
Registered
25 Posts
Blowers
Will do, I don't know if the side panels would fit the sport, only a phone call or email would tell. I went to Cornwall last Sunday and back yesterday, I achieved 47mpg with 2 big brutes and 2 lots of golf gear, I wasn't hanging around either.
I discovered sport+ mode! Wow! Wow! WOW!! the 250d went mental.
Going back to Cornwall twice within the next 2 weeks and I can't wait. I found the metal tags. I installed my dash cam on Saturday, a really easy job.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bluelights
Good mpg!
Havn't tried Sports plus yet - do you have Air suspension? ( I don't)
Starting to enjoy the car even more- I am taking in the ride now instead of being glued to all the gizmos. Havn't really made use of the park assist-seems a bit hit and miss. So pleased I added a sunroof. Just dumped a whole load of cds on an sd card and really pleased all the artwork shows up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Blowers
I just picked up a 250d sport premium on Tuesday! Love it so far! So comfortable and luxurious. I think I already have a sd card with sat nav maps preinstalled in it? Did you manage to put music on a seperate card and replace the original? Anyone else go for the head up display? I really love it. Also what is ad blue or whatever it's called???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone else go for the head up display? I really love it. Also what is ad blue or whatever it's called???
i have head-up display. i love it as well. took a little while to get fully used to it, but it is AMAZING.

ad blue is for the bluetech part if i remember correctly for diesels. (don't have those in Canada so cant be of too much help)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bluelights
Good mpg!
Havn't tried Sports plus yet - do you have Air suspension? ( I don't)
Starting to enjoy the car even more- I am taking in the ride now instead of being glued to all the gizmos. Havn't really made use of the park assist-seems a bit hit and miss. So pleased I added a sunroof. Just dumped a whole load of cds on an sd card and really pleased all the artwork shows up.
I don't use an SD card, that's got the satnav stuff on it. I have a 128gig usb flash drive with 17 days worth of music on it, we can also stream from our phones (well android can)
I have the AMG with coil suspension and the ride is great, going to Cornwall next week and want to try it off road!
I've had my black leather replaced with Grey with red piping, check out my garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Word of advice, if you find you need more music, get a 2nd flash drive and have the two of them, putting everything you have onto one will be a big problem if/when it becomes unreadable and requires reformatting which of course means you lose everything.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Adblue is the additive for diesels to reduce nox emissions, its put into a separate tank and injected into the exhaust system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts