Mercedes GLC Forum banner

GPS tracker

10K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Teckno 
Hi Trish and welcome to the forum. I assume you are in the UK but I'd suggest you add a rough location to your profile so you will get more targeted replies. All GLCs come fitted with a tracker by virtue of the car having its own SIM card installed. You always know where your car is in a "find my phone" kind of way. The Mercedes Me app for your phone/tablet will show you exactly where your car is and I believe you can also set a ring-fencing feature which automatically notifies you if the car strays outside a predesignated area. These features are free of charge until your 3-year warranty expires then it becomes a subscription service if you want the facility to continue.

I'm not sure if a wireless dashcam exists in terms of wirelessly powering the device but many allow the wireless transfer of captured footage to either the Cloud or other storage medium. Halfrauds are running a 20% off promotion on certain dashcams at the moment so one of those may be suitable for your needs. They will also do the initial installation for you from £30 depending on the complexity. This front + rear dashcam package is on offer at £159 excluding fitting and seems to have been very well received by customers looking to protect themselves from the crash-for-cash merchants:

NextBase Duo HD Dashcam

If you want a much more upmarket device look at the Blackvue range where the flagship model offers a front/rear combo with capture in 4K resolution. This would probably cost just shy of £1000 professionally installed:

Blackvue 2-channel Camera Range

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.