Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Took delivery of my GLC 250 4Matic Special Edition - build date August 2019 and on lease - 2 days ago.

Checked everything with delivery driver who had driven it 50 miles to my address. I didn't have the opportunity to drive it until later that afternoon. At which point I was less than impressed. When attempting to reverse off my paved drive there was an enormous amount of of "graunching, groaning" noises emanating from (I think) under the car. It sounded like the parking brake hadn't disengaged but the instrument cluster wasn't indicating anything like this,

I eventually reversed off the drive and was very pleased with the handling, performance etc which was the reason I ordered it.

Parked it up and on starting again, same racket ensued, and so it continues each time I've taken it out.

I've been following the saga of the dreaded knuckle problems and was re-assured when I read here that cars manufactured after December 2018 had the problem sorted. Which is why I ordered it.

Can anybody offer any advice, am I doing something silly or have I got a "Friday afternoon" car ?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
Doesn't sound like anything to do with knuckle, take it into a dealer to check.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Phil, I'll take your advice and let you know how it goes :))

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you get this fixed? In a similar situation, I took delivery of a brand new glc estate premium today with 55 miles on the clock. When breaking at low speeds I get this harsh grinding noise under the car. Definitely doesn’t sound right. Also have a problem with the front parking sensor constantly going of at low speeds. Not impressed so far!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Yes, sorry I didn't update the forum.

My local MB dealer couldn't/wouldn't give me a diagnostic slot for over a week which I thought for a brand new car was out of order so I rang the MB Breakdown service who were excellent. They listened to my problem and had an MB technician at my door within 24 hours. He diagnosed something along the lines of "sticking" brakes and lubricated something on all 4 wheels. Sorry not technical enough to describe the issue in detail. He also said I was heavy footed on the brake pedal which may have contributed. Bit embarrassing but there you go.

Incidentally the Engine Diagnostic warning illuminated on the dash earlier this week - less than 600 miles on the clock - and this time the dealer had it in with a day for an hours diagnostic. I was told it was a sensor problem and they'd seen this a few times on the petrol version. So far all is well. So despite a couple of hiccups, really enjoy driving it and love the experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts