Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been living with 'Red Ken' for nearly 4 months now. I had reached that time in life when I felt I was ready for my "bucket list" vehicle. I really wanted a new Range Rover Vogue but SWMBO proclaimed them too ostentatious. The new Volvo XC90 is apparently too unnecessary with its 5 redundant seats so it became a toss up between the Porsche Macan, Jaguar F-Pace and the GLC. Mercedes won the day as my main criteria was uber-comfort rather than the ultimate driving experience and in my configuration, it has delivered in spades.

220d Sport
Premium Plus Package
Driver's Assist Package
Air Body Control
Off-road Package
360 degree drone view camera
Designo Hyacinth Red Paint (a.k.a. Cardinal Red in the U.S.A.)
Black Ash/Black Artico interior

Having driven a demonstrator with standard springs, I am so glad I took a punt on the air suspension upgrade. It is worth every penny. The Burmester sound system is amazing and the Distronic Plus self-driving facility, if not a little freaky, is definitely the stuff of witchcraft. I love the way the red paint changes shade depending on the light levels. Being somewhat OCD, I set about knocking back some of that orange peel effect that comes free with all the new water-based clearcoats. Unfortunately Mercedes applies some of the hardest clearcoat on the planet. Indeed all German cars have notoriously hard paint. Anyway, over 12 hours of machine polishing with the latest nanotechnology-based polishes has now got Red Ken shining like the proverbial diamond in a goat's a$$. I applied 2 coats of Blackfire's Wet Diamond paint sealant followed by 6 coats of Blackfire's Midnight Sun ivory carnauba wax because red paint just loves carnauba. The warmth and depth of the gloss is just immense.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Howdy Toobad,

Just once I want someone to call me "Sir" without adding "you're making a scene."

Sir, you are very welcome to the forum. "Red Ken" looks really cool. Wishing you many miles of safe driving....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts