Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there

Does anyone elses car 'groan' when braking to a complete stop completely, particularly when cold? It's not something I've experienced with a new vehicle before and I am wondering if I should get MB to take a look. It's a grinding/goraning like noise just as the vehicle stops completely - to be clear, it certainly isn't a squealing noise.

It's a brand new GLC300 - the noise feels like the brakes grabbing and it's worse when the vehicle is cold. Occasioanlly you get the noise when lifting off the brake to accelerate as well.

It's been disappointing that the car doesn't come to a smooth (and quiet) complete stop. Have done around 1,500kms now and tried 'bedding' in the pads a couple of times to no avail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there

Does anyone elses car 'groan' when braking to a complete stop completely, particularly when cold? It's not something I've experienced with a new vehicle before and I am wondering if I should get MB to take a look. It's a grinding/goraning like noise just as the vehicle stops completely - to be clear, it certainly isn't a squealing noise.

It's a brand new GLC300 - the noise feels like the brakes grabbing and it's worse when the vehicle is cold. Occasioanlly you get the noise when lifting off the brake to accelerate as well.

It's been disappointing that the car doesn't come to a smooth (and quiet) complete stop. Have done around 1,500kms now and tried 'bedding' in the pads a couple of times to no avail.
I have the same issue been to the dealers 3 times with the following fob offs:
• pads need bedding in (it had done 3500 miles)
• It’s a characteristic of the car
• and unbelievably there is a film on the brakes from some chemical during car washing
All rubbish and they are refusing to do anything else because it’s not a warranty issue
I’m disgusted with the attitude

1 - 2 of 2 Posts