Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, my GLC has arrived with Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 tyres fitted. So far they have been well behaved and very quiet, giving very little road noise, even over pot holes & bumps. I've had Hankook tyres before as they were O/E on a Kia Sorento I owned years ago. Sadly, they became very noisy and lost all grip in the wet even with 6mm of tread remaining, so I am mildly concerned. The Mrs has Yokohama's on her GLC though ? Still, time will tell and I won't really find out what they're like 'till next winter now. Here's a video of them -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPNBm4dxmc4&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a quick update - so far so good ! The Hankook's have proved to be very grippy and predictable in the wet with excellent braking ability. Not so good in standing water & puddles however, but that's a minor gripe. Excellent in the dry with incredible grip and loads of feel giving precise, accurate steering. Nice & quiet on the road too (quieter than the Yokohama's the came with the wife's GLC) but still no indication of durability yet, but I will update as the miles roll by.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea why the difference in tyre manufacturers....surely theres a price discrepancy between hankook and yokohamas ??
No idea as to why they are different ? It's not as if they are even remotely 'off road' orientated (I have the off road package) as they are a pure road tyre. There is a price difference, but probably not the way you'd expect. Having a quick look around the Yoki's are about £20 each cheaper than the Hankook's ! And yes, that surprised me too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which model yokos ??
Advan Sport V105's, they are quiet and very grippy, pretty much like the Hankook's to be honest and you really couldn't tell them apart at this stage. We'll see what they are like when they get worn down a bit.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I had a very quick search online and found a few places doing the Yoki's for under £100 which is very reasonable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I inquired about what brand of tire will come with our ordered GLC, response was uncertain due to exactly what we all know, supply and demand... and availability at the time of manufacture. Personally, I would take the Yokos over the Hankooks. I have heard that Pirelli is another option for MB as they then to have harder sidewall structure, for better lateral movement.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My previous M Class came with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde' as standard and I believe they may be getting fitted to the 20" option rims for AMG spec' cars. They are a very grippy tyre but don't last that long and were 'puncture magnets' on my vehicle ! Nice and quiet with very little road noise despite being 265/45/20's which was impressive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts