Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Belgium
Sold my Range Rover..Back To MB
Waiting for delivery.. for mu GLC coupé 300De hopefully will be first week of june (Woehoe)
Allready worrying how i will keep the car clean :p (Designo selenit grey magno)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Beautiful car....I have a 2018 AMG43 and have never had a seconds trouble......more than fast enough for a heavy SUV, great in in-climate weather (with winter tires), great for long trips or 6+ hours....good fuel economy considering performance minded vehicle. Enjoy.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beautiful car....I have a 2018 AMG43 and have never had a seconds trouble......more than fast enough for a heavy SUV, great in in-climate weather (with winter tires), great for long trips or 6+ hours....good fuel economy considering performance minded vehicle. Enjoy.....
i have chose for the 300 De Hybrid version.. the amg version is not very friendly on taxes in Belgium.. but i would prefer the grill as in the picture..
it has 306 pk combined.. its not an AMG43 .. but still repectable fast

·
Registered
37 Posts
Actually I am moving to Antwerp early next year and have been informed of the taxes on cars in Belgium....at least it's better than Holland. A colleague of mine just bought the hybrid GLC as well...arrives sometime in August. Its a good car really....the AMG is fast and fun for an SUV but the ride is a touch rough to be really honest. The other models ride much better and you are right...plenty fast enough. Not sure how to manage the paint you bought.......I wrap ours and not sure that would go over well on a matt finish....Enjoy your MB.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I am moving to Antwerp early next year and have been informed of the taxes on cars in Belgium....at least it's better than Holland. A colleague of mine just bought the hybrid GLC as well...arrives sometime in August. Its a good car really....the AMG is fast and fun for an SUV but the ride is a touch rough to be really honest. The other models ride much better and you are right...plenty fast enough. Not sure how to manage the paint you bought.......I wrap ours and not sure that would go over well on a matt finish....Enjoy your MB.
well about the paint.. i was planning to wash him touchless only.... foamgun, then hotwater wash it. and the and then remove the remaining foam with osmose water..
Also still thinking about some paint sealing (or coating not sure how to call it in english) on it.. but im afraid it will change the colour

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am someone who loves to wash and wax their cars so not sure I would like the matt finish although on some cars they really look good. I have never done the ceramic coatings but maybe that is a possibility to keep the finish looking good. I love the car film but it has to make the finish shiny so that may be a bad idea. I'd call one of those car wrap places and ask what they would do.....Should be a great looking car....the interior color is really nice. Ours has the Alcantara or the MB version.....sporty but not sure how long it will last compared to leather.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am someone who loves to wash and wax their cars so not sure I would like the matt finish although on some cars they really look good. I have never done the ceramic coatings but maybe that is a possibility to keep the finish looking good. I love the car film but it has to make the finish shiny so that may be a bad idea. I'd call one of those car wrap places and ask what they would do.....Should be a great looking car....the interior color is really nice. Ours has the Alcantara or the MB version.....sporty but not sure how long it will last compared to leather.
Alcantra is very nice too;. i only took the leather because of the little holes in the alacantra.. im afraid there will get dirt in it..

i still have a few weeks to consider a paint protection .. but opinions are devided.. i know people .. who would not do that again.. because they think its a waste of money.. others online are very positive about it.. so..difficult choice;.. i really cannot believe it does not change the colour at all.. u add a glass layer;. so there must be a petit difference..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Alcantra is very nice too;. i only took the leather because of the little holes in the alacantra.. im afraid there will get dirt in it..

i still have a few weeks to consider a paint protection .. but opinions are devided.. i know people .. who would not do that again.. because they think its a waste of money.. others online are very positive about it.. so..difficult choice;.. i really cannot believe it does not change the colour at all.. u add a glass layer;. so there must be a petit difference..
I have had protective film on my last 4 cars and NEVER had a problem with color ever. In the summer when you travel on the motor way for 6-7 hours and get millions of bugs on the front and windshield.....even after a week of traveling and not washing off the bugs does it eat into your paint.......rocks don't chip the paint etc.....when I sell my cars, I peal off the film and it looks like a brand new car.......its not cheap mind you but for me it is standard issue when owning a new car. I wax the film just like the rest of the car and it looks like glass......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had protective film on my last 4 cars and NEVER had a problem with color ever. In the summer when you travel on the motor way for 6-7 hours and get millions of bugs on the front and windshield.....even after a week of traveling and not washing off the bugs does it eat into your paint.......rocks don't chip the paint etc.....when I sell my cars, I peal off the film and it looks like a brand new car.......its not cheap mind you but for me it is standard issue when owning a new car. I wax the film just like the rest of the car and it looks like glass......
yes.. but the film costs as much as wrapping or repaining the car.. the car.. its called xpel i think

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes.. but the film costs as much as wrapping or repaining the car.. the car.. its called xpel i think
Expel is the brand we used for our GLC and yes it is not cheap. However, I have not had good experience when respraying my cars so the film is better for me. The front bumper is all plastic these days and rocks make little divits in the plastic and you can see them after a re-spray. I owned three Porsches before this GLC and you can not re-spray a Porsche as it affects the resale.....maybe only the US market....not sure here in Europe. They actually measure the thickness of the paint and if it has been re-sprayed it affects the resell....even if the dealer does it and knows it was not wrecked.....soooo this is why I always did the film. I fully agree that it is not cheap but when a car throws a rock while you are driving at 250km an hour, it does not chip your paint and I like that aspect.....expensive insurance maybe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts