Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In early May I ordered a 43 in Hyacinth red , premium plus , black leather , black ash and intelligent headlights and was told to expect it in late July , today had a call from the salesman and was told there is a bit of a backlog so I won't get my vehicle till the 14th September. Still it will be a later reg and its just after my birthday so not all bad plus the trade in price for my ML is fixed .

Andrew

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hyacinth Red GLC

Hi Andrew and a very warm welcome to the forums. You have made an excellent choice in both the SUV and the colour but, of course, I may be somewhat biased ;). Although Red Ken (named after Ken Livingstone, the ex-leader of the Greater London Council or GLC) only has the poverty spec 220d engine, it has been true love since day one. I think you already know it is a quantum leap forward from your ML. All good things come to he who waits and believe me when I say the wait will be worth it and a 67-plate GLC is a very acceptable birthday present to yourself. I hope you will join Red Ken by adding some photos to the designo Hyacinth/Cardinal Red thread on the forum.

In the meantime just enjoy the summer and start counting down the sleeps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on the beast as so far I've only
had a drive in a 350 which was very nice and quite pokey but as I feel diesel is going to become a dirty word over the coming years I wanted a petrol and the thought of 367 bhp was quite alluring . I think the most powerful car I've had before was a Porker 928 V8 which churned out 320bhp allegedly but certainly felt quick but was abit hamstrung by a four speed auto box , think of 85mph in second gear! The wait to September is going to feel like forever .

Cheers all Andrew

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Welcome Andrew

Believe me the wait will be worthwhile, the 43 is a great car.

Your spec is very similar to mine, the intelligent lights are brilliant.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on pulling the trigger. Definitely a great choice!

The slight delay doesn't seem too bad and I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Which ML do you have?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Klass I have a W164 320 which still surprises me by how quick it is up to about 70mph , for a big old beast it really can move until you arrive at a sharp bend , it goes round quite well for an heavy SUV but sporty it isn't.
I'm expecting the 43 to handle a bit better but I couldn't get a test drive in a 43 they seem to be like hens teeth in this part of the country.

Andrew

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
43 handles well Andrew but it is an suv not a sports car and you have to be aware of this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts