Mercedes GLC Forum banner

Hello!

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Pavel 
#1 ·
Current BMW X6 owner and I've been gauging options for when my lease is up in Q1 2016. I had been looking pretty hard at the Audi Q5/SQ5 and the Porsche Macan although the Porsche pricing gets ridiculous when adding option.

I've never owned a Mercedes before (drive a few) and stopped into a local dealer to see what they had for small SUV's and after expressing my distaste for the GLK design, the rep told me about the new GLC which looks super nice, so here I am!

#4 ·
My X6 is nice...my wife hates it. She doesn't like getting in and out of it and doesn't like the way it drives or the limited cargo room (she has a Touareg). It does handle poorly on rough roads at speed...it kinda skips across the bumps and not in a good way. Visibility is poor as well. It's a lease so I'm moving on anyway.
I don't have kids at home anymore and don't need/want a large SUV (X5) and I really don't like the design of the current X3's. Ready for something a little different anyway. I want to stick with an SUV because I have a motorcycle and ATV and from time to time I need to be able to tow them.
So, I'm looking for a smaller SUV (the GLA is too small) that has some sportiness to it yet refined. The SQ5 is just about perfect but I wish it had some of the features of the GLC - air suspension, 360 surround view (have this on my X6 and LOVE IT), etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.