Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner of a brand new, GLC 250d AMG line coupe. No pack, just metallic paint and running boards.

I am finding the functions reaaaaaally slow and the tel so fiddly just to make a call!!

The multi function buttons on the steering wheel do nothing on the right hand side unless going through options on left.

Thus is all so time-consuming!! And very distracting

My 2012 BMW was quicker to navigate, clearer and had more options.

Any new owner tips? :smile2:

·
Registered
152 Posts
We run a GLC and BMW, so appreciate the challenge ex-BMW owners have moving from the I-Drive, which in my opinion is significantly more intuitive, easier and quicker to use. I tend to use the rotating wheel along with push, pull and press for virtually all navigation and telephone operations.

You just have to preserve and try to get some training from your dealer :)

Tony

·
Registered
170 Posts
I suppose with all new systems, it's just a matter of getting used to it. I can recall moving from an old car with no infotainment screen to suddenly being faced with so many buttons and features.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
I have had BMW'S with the pro navigation and my wife has a mini with it, in my opinion the command system is better, we all see things different ways.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I pick up my GLC today, but have been using a loaner E class for the past 2,200 miles. I moved from 7 years spent in two 5 series with professional media.

At first I found the COMAND system to be more visually appealing, but non-intuitive, slower and far more arduous to use - with many more steps to achieve an action than the previous generation BMW required. I was really struggling to get things done.

Having spend the past 5 or 6 weeks getting used to the system, nothing has changed in my evaluation. I've learnt how to use it, but it's still appallingly slow to respond, clunky in it's design and all around it remains frustrating.

Whilst sat on my drive, waiting for it to respond to my attempt to enter a destination, I found myself wondering how is it that an Amazon Echo device, which, upon detection of a command, has to connect to your wireless router, traverse the internet, connect to the Amazon server, interpret your command, search for your result and bring that result back to you....can do all that in the fraction of the time that a high end car, with all of it's hardware and software sitting in the same physical location, takes to respond to the voice command "enter postcode". The thing must be running on a chip from a 1990's mobile phone!

In my personal opinion it is appalling value for money.

Reactions: Tony Mac
1 - 5 of 5 Posts