Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Alex, welcome to the forum. I'm guessing the general response to what model you should buy will be "a Mercedes GLC" seeing as its a GLC forum :wink2:

But seriously if you are in the market for a mid size SUV you will be hard pushed to find anything better (in my humble opinion), at least until the new Porsche Macan comes out in 2021. If, on the other hand, you are after a full size SUV then there are the (just released) updated Porsche Cayenne and the good old BMW X5/6 (I can personally testify to the X5M) but the new 2019 Mercedes GLE does also look promising and you will get the new E Class interior and AWD system.

You may have noticed that I have missed out the Audi Q range, that's just because I'm not a big fan of the look of Audi's SUV's and so I never did any serious investigation into them and so don't feel in a position to give a recommendation (I'm sure someone will be along shortly to do that :grin2:)

Have fun with the forum, most of us don't bite (well not too hard)0:)

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Welcome Alex

·
Registered
35 Posts
I choose the GLC43 after looking at the SQ5 & X3M40i. SQ5 first impression was so so, just didn't wow me like it should for a vechile in this range. X3 was a quality vechile, no issue and I was close til I drove the GLC. The GLC interior was more refined than the others. Driving performance of each vechile was somewhat similar to me, but I'm stepping of from a Nissan, so there's that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome Alex. I had originally ordered a C43 AMG after my CLA 45 had let me down. Anyway the dealer loaned me a GLC 250d which I loved (so did the family as they always wanted an SUV) so I changed my order to a GLC 43 and love it to bits. It's a brilliant combination of performance and practicality .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts