Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've purchased a GLC but one thing I overlooked was the need for a hitch (just for a bike rike... won't be used for any "real" hauling). I just assumed that I would be able to get the factory hitch installed afterwards... apparently I was wrong.

Is this true? I really don't have an option to get the factory hitch post-purchase?

Does anyone have any experience with any 3rd party hitches?

I could obviously just use a roof mount for my bike, but I'm trying to avoid that as it's just a pain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I first bought our GLC - the factory railings and ski rack were not available yet, and I also looked into after market, and couldn't find anything because the GLC was too new. I spoke with our sales person, and there is generally about a 2 month lag time with MB to offer their factory racks/hitches. I just waited it out, and we just recently got our rail and rack installed by MB. I would suggest talking with the service/accessories guy at your dealership, and they will give you an accurate time frame when it would be available.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm surprised the dealer didn't tell you the pros and cons of pre and post... (that's if you even mentioned to them that you're thinking about getting a hitch).

Other than that, I don't know any other solutions for that, have you try checking with the parts dept?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts