Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've written previously about being flashed by drivers occassional when leaving the intel lights on auto. Well, whilst stuck in traffic this morning I was looking through the menu system on the smaller drivers screen. I noticed some settings for the lights, one in particular was to do with left or right traffic.

I think it's worded "Setting for: Left side traffic" Mine is set to left, although I do drive on the left, traffic is on the right :|. It's worded in such a way I can convince myself either is correct.

Anyone know the correct setting for this (left or right?) for a RHD car.
Many thanks,
Graham

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Hi Graham

Just checked mine and it is set to Left side traffic, I believe it means the side of the road you are driving on. Had no problems with mine, if you are still having issues ask the dealer to check it for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've written previously about being flashed by drivers occassional when leaving the intel lights on auto. Well, whilst stuck in traffic this morning I was looking through the menu system on the smaller drivers screen. I noticed some settings for the lights, one in particular was to do with left or right traffic.

I think it's worded "Setting for: Left side traffic" Mine is set to left, although I do drive on the left, traffic is on the right :|. It's worded in such a way I can convince myself either is correct.

Many thanks,
Graham
where is setting located, i dont see it?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the drivers screen, where is says "Trip, Navi" etc, there's a "Settings" option, in there is a setting for lighting.

The lights are definitely doing what they are meant to I can see them working. I've seen someone flash when I can see that they are in the "black box", so maybe because they see the side of the road lit up, they think I've got high beam on. It's not as big of an issue as I first thought.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for teh info gb93616. No setting for me, in that menu (US Model) I only have option to turn off Daytime Running Lights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Intelligent Lights

Many thanks,
Graham
Hi, Left Side Traffic is the default for UK. When I'm driving the "black box" can be seen on the right so oncoming drivers aren't dazzled.

I drove in France last year and set the lights to the other side. I forget what happens but there is a noticeable loss of functionality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts